Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reasons to be Happy in SA :)

Suspended
    Thanks

Reasons to be Happy in SA :)

* Sa is ranked 2nd out of 183 countries for good banking practice in protecting both borrowers and lenders when obtaining credit for business.
    * SA is ranked 34th out of 183 countries for ease of doing business in 2012
    * SA is ranked among the top 5 countries in the world in tourism growth
    * Capetown was named the top tourist destination in the world in the 2011 Travellers Choice Destinations awards
    * Capetown is the 9th most loved city in the world in 2012
    * Table Mountain was inaugurated as one of the New 7 Wonders of the Nature World in 2012
    * SA is the 2nd country in the world to have hosted the Cricket, Rugby & Soccer World Cups
    * Vilikazi Street in Orlando West is the only street in the WORLD to house 2 Nobel Peace Prize winners !!! - Nelson Mandela and Desmond Tutu

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    South Africa has to be the country with the most diversity in the world. No matter what you want to see, culture, rain forest, desert, savanna, desolation, bustling world city, mountains, oceans, we have it all.

We must have some of the best holiday destinations in the world. We have sunshine, we have snow, we have everything. Pity the politicians are doing their damndest to stuff it up and embarrass us in the rest of the world!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Suspended
    Thanks
    Yes the politicians do sometimes put a spanner in the works. But SA is a fantastic country. As much as we complain about SA, the grass is not as green on the other side. It is a wake up call to see poverty, crime, squatter camps, muggers etc etc when travelling overseas, we are up there on the ladder with most 1st world countries.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    We should also celebrate because we have the second worst president in the word and not THE worst (Uncle Rob is the worst)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Any South African that has not travelled extensively within our borders and also to neighbouring states are missing out big time. Why go overseas if you have not seen your own country yet? From Etosha in Namibia to Cape Agulhas, Kosi Bay to Langebaan, Putsonderwater and Hotashel, you have to experience South Africa before you take that boat cruise or Disneyland trip.

If you need some ideas, I found this magazine an excellent guide to those off the beaten track places; http://www.countrylife.co.za/

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    My wife had decided many years ago that she wanted to go to the USA for her 40th, until a couple of months. She has changed her mind and we are going to Cape Town instead for 10 days, flying down, hiring a car and travelling around the Cape sight seeing.

I have been spoilt with my work, I have travelled many kms in KZN, PE and Cape Town, but never really got to visit places on holiday.

While in the SADF I got to travel a lot in Namibia and Angola.

Fresh water fishing has opened up a whole new look on KZN, we fish dams which some only get to see in pictures, but what always blows mind, is places like Shongweni dam which is so close yet still so protected and isolated. When I drive down in the early morning, you see wild animals walking across the road it is picture perfect.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I should take Neville fishing with me, so he can get some awesome pics. like this.

I took this while fishing at Shongweni dam. Maybe I should start a fishing pic thread, NOT, I will leave that for Neville

Thanks
    Speaking of which, next week I will be taking a drive from Durban to Cape Town via the Garden Route and then back via the Great Karoo - all over a period of two weeks.

Of course, my camera will be by my side, recording the beauty of my travels through these wonderful areas of our country.

Can't wait!
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    You must both enjoy your trips. I am also fortunate to travel to Cape Town this weekend.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Unfortunately we are flying down due to time constraint, but I look forward to seeing pics and tips on where to enjoy our time in the Cape.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast