Thread: Qualification

Thanks

Qualification

Hi Im looking for some help. Iv been working as a controls technition for a few months now and i want to get some qualifications but Im not to sure of the type of qualification i could go for.What i actually do ,tho im still training,I work on air conditioning plant,I wire in a controller as well as program it to run the plant the way it should.I also help set up building management systems(BMS) which is a system that monitors all differentin a building.Iv thought of some type of a electrician qualification as well as a air conditioning qualification but im just not entirely sure,can any one give me some advice?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    It's not the qualification that gets you the job, although that may help to an extent.

What you need to do is decide what you want to do and then working at being the best that you can be in that job/profession etc. Only then do you start looking for the type of qualification and experience required to do the job that will blow your hair back.

So if you want to be a fine artist, study the old and new masters. Look at their techniques and study their styles. You may go to university to study art, but that won't make you an artist. It must come from inside. You need to be curious and you must want to do it. Only then will you succeed.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I think that you should visit your local technical college and see what they offer. You could choose from the various NTC courses and become a qualified artisan. NTC2 is a good start to get a grounding in maths and the various technical subjects. Then you could go up to NTC 6 mechanical, electrical or digital. The NTC courses are the cheapest and most effective way to get yourself on the road to a technical education. You could even use those courses as a stepping stone into getting a Technicon certification and become a technician and after that you could do a BTech and earn a degree.

Start at the bottom and work your way up via a nationally accepted route. Don't think that you are going to do a 3 month diploma at Damelin and get to call yourself an engineer...it just doesn't work that way in the real world.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    What you do is very close to what a instrument technician does. PLC programing maybe well worth your time as we don't have a lot of people that can do that. Maybe you must ask around but it "sounds to me" that that is more or less what you do...

Siemens Southern Africa

AGE Technologies
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Thanks ill have a look into that tho would anyone know the best institution to look at or a web sight i could view.