Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: iphone 5

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    This is true, but sometimes it does not matter what you pay per second, because at the end of the day you might pay a little more for something but you benefit on the other hand. My I phone and my I pad are synced to my computer, therefore when I leave the office I still have access to my work via my I pad whether I am in CT or JHB. If my I pad is perhaps in my car then my phone is always on me whereby I will get reminders or things. And you can regulate the 3 items so that you do not have to get all information on all three if you don't want to. How often are you out of the office in the past and you think of something, but it is at work on the work computer ?
    Just my thoughts on it. I know that this does not apply to everyone, but each to their own.
    It matters very much what you pay per second. My previous contract at Vodacom was billed at R1.65 PER MINUTE. I now pay 99c and am being billed per second with Cell C and I get free minutes as well. You can do your own calculation on the cost of an average of 100 to 150 minutes per month!

You can still have all your gadgets and syncs etc, just refuse to pay the higher fees for data and air time. http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/201...f-the-poor-mps

Unless we stand together to fight corporate greed, MTN and Vodacom will continue to rip us off. I believe that even Cell C can lower their tariffs, but they are by far the cheapest at the moment. Sevice? That's the first reason why I changed from Vodacom!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Suspended
    Thanks
    It matters very much what you pay per second
    I did say "sometimes it does not matter". And that is because sometimes TO ME it really does not matter. What I have in the Iphone 5 and the I pad mini suits me down to the ground for my purposes.

I know that this does not apply to everyone, but each to their own.
    At the end of the day you have to way up what the different service providers linked to the package linked to the hardware you have linked to the price you pay what is best for you.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Telkom mobile is down to 75c, clearly you get what you pay for. Unfortunately if you have signed a contract recently with Telkom mobile you still pay the R1.50 for the crap network.

Speeds of as low as 0.53 Mbps even on the iphone 5

Suspended
    Thanks
    Speeds of as low as 0.53 Mbps even on the iphone 5
    I have used my I Phone 5 in a lot of places from CT, JHB and various countries overseas. I have never really had a problem with speed. But you also need to remember that speed is more dependant on the service provider you are using at the time eg a Wi-Fi connection in a hotel or normal cellular data. The speed very seldom has anything to do with the actual I Phone itself. It is just the tool for you to find the right place to connect to and with todays technology you can connect to a free Wi-Fi in plenty of places with no hassle.

The extra's is what really grabs me eg the gps that you can use almost everywhere, the syncing of photographs with other devices, the business applications etc etc. I am sure that there are other devices that do it as well, that is why I originally said everyone to their own and I am happy to pay for something to get something worthwhile.

A lot of people often complain about call price. I can talk from the UK to JHB or JHB to CT for example via Facetime for as long as I want and it is for free ! It is quick with not much delay at all.

Suspended
    Thanks
    My iPhone 5 is stil in good share but it becomes lags after upgrading to iOS 10. so everybody be careful about the update.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    An update...my iphone is still working...had to replace the battery recently and after all these years...i finally smashed the screen when it fell off the workbench.

As much as i complained about this phone in the beginning...i have to give it credit for lasting this long...i have abused this phone beyond its limits and it still takes the best pics.

I plan to upgrade to an iphone SE soon.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910