Thread: iData

Bronze Member
    Thanks

iData

As on a regular basis I receive these sms' from all kinds of businesses. As an example I received three over a period of two days from Woolworths and I do not even have an account with them. I am waiting for the next one and then I will send them an email asking them to stop harassing me.

A day or so ago I received another from some insurance company followed by a phone call about half hour ago. I questioned them as to where they got my information from. They claimed that they get their information from a company called "iData". I am certain that whomever it is would not give such information out for free. Is it not illegal to be contacted by a company trying to sell you something if you did not give permission to be contacted by sms?

I know that you are always given the option to opt out, but you have to pay for that sms. I think everybody with a cellphone experiences this and sometimes at even inconvenient times.

Any comments
    Faan Kruger
    +27 82 853 7879
    krugerfaan@gmail.com

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The only real way to kill spam is never buy from a spam email or sms.

No sales and they'll stop doing it.

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    I never reply to a spam sms, not even opting out, and cannot remember ever doing it from a spam email. Whenever I receive an email from somebody I do not know I put it into the spam box.
    Faan Kruger
    +27 82 853 7879
    krugerfaan@gmail.com

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.