Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Candidates not working !!

Suspended
    Thanks
    Just another quick one. The same customer that I mentioned above in Modderfontein was last week looking for a driver. We had a very nice guy on our books gave him the same directions that we gave to the other "infamous" lady, booked him for a 1pm interview and sent him on his way. On the day of the interview I phoned him at 12 o clock to make sure he was on track and was finding the way.
    He answered the phone with a very chirpy voice saying he had found the company (an hour early), was already sitting in their reception having a cup of coffee. He had woken up very early. He had caught a train and walked quite a distance to the company. !!
    Says something doesnt it

He has been hired.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    I phoned him at 12 o clock to make sure he was on track and was finding the way.
    He answered the phone with a very chirpy voice saying he had found the company (an hour early), was already sitting in their reception having a cup of coffee. He had woken up very early. He had caught a train and walked quite a distance to the company. !!
    Says something doesnt it

He has been hired.
    Again boils down to attitude. With that attitude he may eventually become the MD!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vieome View Post
    True it is hard to find people(especially young ones) willing to work these days, and strangely enough they will be the same ones complaining that there are no jobs.
    This is where I draw the line. Don't generalize because you don't have a clue how hard young people have it. In 2007 A young women complaint to one of my friends that she doesn't want to go back to work. She went back this time we upgraded her mobile phone so that it can record while she is at the office. On the recording the employer demanded oral sex OR she loses her job. He walked back to his office and waited for her. She left...

Needless to say my friend cleaned house after that. This particular employer closed shop as more previous employees stepped up and spoke out. But that is just one example of what young people have to face... I myself have recordings of how violent bosses get and all that.

Now if you condone this type of behaviour... Then there is something seriously wrong with you...

You get good employees and bad employees. BUT you also get good employers and seriously bad employers
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    This particular employer closed shop as more previous employees stepped up and spoke out. But that is just one example of what young people have to face... I myself have recordings of how violent bosses get and all that.

Now if you condone this type of behaviour... Then there is something seriously wrong with you...
    I do not think anybody will condone this kind of behaviour. That is why we have laws in this country. In this instance justice prevailed. But we need people to make it happen. You can not sit on your arse and expect someone else to do it for you.

You get good employees and bad employees. BUT you also get good employers and seriously bad employers
    So why does the good employees not protect the good employers and vice versa? Why do we allow the masses to strike and vandalise ngood busines
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

5. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (20-Apr-13)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    So why does the good employees not protect the good employers and vice versa?
    Because in South Africa the motto is F_U

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    So why does the good employees not protect the good employers and vice versa? Why do we allow the masses to strike and vandalise ngood busines
    Actually a few employees have died protecting there employers... This is fact.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Just logged in for my tec funny of the day.
    I have every clue how difficult it is for the "young" . I was there once but more importantly I have two young children. And I teach them to have the right attitude out there, I have ensured and am ensuring they get a good education and then they will be better equipped to face the big world out there . So I am fully aware of all the hardships out there. But more importantly they will go out there without a huge chip on their shoulder.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Vieome yes u are right. It is very difficult to find a young person that wants to work. They want the money tho, but are not prepared to work hard for it. And I am not saying everyone. I am saying 95% of them from our experience.

If your employer is SO bad then it's quite simple - Leave

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Because in South Africa the motto is F_U

A very good afternoon to you Adrian,
    Please correct me if my proposition is incorrect. Do you have a live and let die attitude?
    Call me naïve and I’ll concede! I have a live and let live attitude. Adrian, there must have been a time when you were young and ‘your heart was an open book and you said live and let live!’

When you were young and your heart was an open book
    You used to say live and let live
    (You know you did, you know you did you know you did)
    But if this ever changing world in which we live in
    Makes you give in and cry

Say live and let die
    (Live and let die)
    Live and let die
    (Live and let die)

What does it matter to ya
    When you got a job to do
    You gotta do it well
    You gotta give the other fellow hell

You used to say live and let live
    (You know you did, you know you did you know you did)
    But if this ever changing world in which we live in
    Makes you give in and cry.” Paul McCartney

Last edited by Citizen X; 21-Apr-13 at 05:33 PM. Reason: typo
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Suspended
    Thanks
    Would love to have just recorded one of our girls phone call she had with a young white guy (25) a few minutes ago. She phoned him to ask him to come for an interview as she has a possible job for him. We are on the east rand. He is in Alberton. The job is in Edenvale. She woke him up at 9am in the morning therefore he is either unemployed or taking the day off. He said it was too far to come for an interview and he couldnt come now. She offered to meet him half way. She could hear his voice that he did not really "feel like it" and eventually asked him if he really wanted this job. He said no and that it was too far !!! For those that do not know the distance. It is approx 18km !!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast