Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crime the result and the reason

Thanks

crime the result and the reason

first part is the result of crime and how we take evasive action then the reason
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crime in SA.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	3474   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	understanding justice.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	3475  
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    You don't need all that stuff anymore, you don't need armed response and you don't need gates and security fences, safes etc, and you ask why, firstly they wait for arrive home or to walk out in the open, then hold a gun to your head while they walk you back into the house, so all your burglar guards etc are a waste, make you open everything, so having a safe and like in the pic above attaching cables to your TV computers etc a waste, hold a gun to your wife or kids head, warning you that if you press the panic button they will kill your family, making you armed response a waste of money, even owning a gun is no longer a viable option, cause if you shoot the friendly, then you go to jail.

So the solution, start a war, then you kill anyone who threatens your life. I felt a lot safer 200 km in Angola in a bush war than I do in my own house right now, at least we could protect ourselves and our mates. At the rate things are going right now, it wont be long before we live like the people did in Rhodesia, carrying guns in the open and everyone from the wife to the kids, ooops sorry we all handed our guns, so now what ?

The question I ask all of you, how do you plan on protecting yourselves, last night man shot and stabbed 5 times in his house ,the other night a man shot times and killed while trying to keep his family safe this morning at 7 am in Westmead a man arrived at work to find 3 armed men waiting for him 1 person waited at the gate to make sure nobody tried to help him while the other 2 walked him through his factory with a gun to his head, they then left with any valuables he had and his vehicle, and business carried on though out the day, just another armed robbery, just another hijacking, just another rape, lucky crime only happens to everyone else, so I can just keep putting up higher fences, barb wire, electric fences, more dogs, stronger burglar guards, security gates on my passage doors, bedroom doors, safe rooms in the house, more panic buttons, remote panic buttons,

by the way Wynn you wouldn't need a gate like that in front of a TV like that they don't steal those TVs, it would mean they have to carry it, they only take flat screens, so you would be safe

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Are we going back to medieval times? Walled and gated estates and robbers lurking in the bush?
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    I think that we are all acutely aware of the problems and the dangers.

What we need are realistic suggestions of how to fight this war (legally). It appears to us that the criminal has more rights than the business or homeowner ... so what can we do?

Other than making our place a more difficult target with all the bars and alarms and guards and other paraphanalia - what suggestions are out there as to a viable way of protecting ones property and family?

Surey we must have some brilliant legal minds who can bring something to the table for the benefit of all?
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

5. Thanks given for this post:

flaker (13-Apr-13)

Thanks
    I would rather have a gun and never need it, than needing a gun and not have it

Thinking about joining a shooting club, they help you out with all the registration stuff...

Know your gun and know how to be safe, keep some terriers in the yard

I think in some circumstances it is not a bad idea to have one, as long as you do it right and responsibly
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    People are inherently lazy. Start a neighbourhood watch and only about 20% will participate and then fizzle out to about 10%. The same applies with a neighbourhood guarding service. Only a small number of people will contribute towards the cost, but the non-payers will be first to demand protection in case of an emergency.

Leave it for the other guy to sort out. Take as much benefit as you can and put nothing back. This f#@k you attitude is really a great way to build a country.

Fortunately there are still some communities where people care for one another and protect their neighbour's backs. I learnt a lot about Ubuntu and about life from an old man called Justus Chungu. Sadly, there are not enough Justus Chungu's around any more.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Blurock..... I agree with you

I have had similar experiences with security. People just are not smart enough to know that a good neighbour is a best friend when danger is at the gate.

I am fortunate to have two great neighbours, we have a good understanding regarding security.

If somebody ignores society they forgo its advantages
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    When it comes to security try & be pro active instead of re active.
    Try & find ways to prevent it from happening instead of reacting after it has happened.

Before you arive home start scanning the area.
    Check to see if anyone could be following you.
    If you suspect some is following you drive around the block.
    If he is still following you drive to your nearest police station.

When you get into your street start looking around for anyone or anything suspicious.
    A lot of criminals do reconnaissance before they break in or commit an armed robery.
    They usually know exactly what time anyone arrives or departs from your property.
    Try and alter these times so that they are not predictable.

Some of the ways that criminals mark a property is to tie a piece of cotton to the fence or gate, leave a red or green cold drink can on the pavement, put a red or blue chip packet in a tree tha is planted ion your pavement or your neighbours pavement
    Listen to what nature is telling you.
    sometimes what you can't hear could also be a tell tale sign that something is wrong.
    If there is a bird that always flies away when you arrive at your gate or your neighbour's dog always barks when you arrive home but today it is not happening ask your self why.

Make sure there is not plants or trees that a criminal could hide behind to attack you when entering your property.
    Ensure there is enough light around the perimeter of your property.
    I prefer solar powered lighting because If a criminal switches off you electricity or you have a power failure you will still have enough lighting around your property to detect an intruder.

Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	funny-picture-1098821403.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	3488

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes14 View Post
    I prefer solar powered lighting because If a criminal switches off you electricity or you have a power failure you will still have enough lighting around your property to detect an intruder.
    I have designed some low cost solar security light units scroll to the bottom of the page, and can manufacture to your requirements.
    Also can do solar street lights, walkways, or wherever lighting is required with out having to lay electrical cable.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast