Thread: Vodacom is nuts..or is it just my phone?

Thanks

Exclamation Vodacom is nuts..or is it just my phone?

Hey guys!

I have a Vodacom prepaid account, Now for some weird reason my cell phone decides not to make a call after it has hit R3,99..It never used to do that up until a couple of months ago..I just never bothered trying to figure what was causing it, but now its getting quite annoying. I have a feeling it has something to do with my tariff plan..but I don't know.

Does anyone know what could be causing it and does anyone else have the same problem?

If I can't figure this out I guess I will have to give one of Vodacom's stores a visit.

Thanks
    I had the same problem but then after a second try it told me that my balance is below x amount and call limit will be reached soon in the same sentence it states that I have insufficient funds and then the call goes through
    For all your I.T. Support in Cape Town contact Dynamic Support.

"You must be the change you want to see in the world. ~ Mahatma Gandhi"

Thanks
    Well, It stops at that amount and I really have that amount available, In the sentence is states that I can not make a call because I have less than R3,99 in my account and that I have reached my call limit..I'm not Albert Einstein but I do know that it does not cost R3,99 to send an SMS or to make a call for that matter.

Thanks
    Is it not to do with VDC thinking that if you were to make a call they would have to cut you off in mid sentence? so they don't let you start the call in the first place?
    Today Defines Tomorrow
    Errare Humanum Est Remitto Divinus

Thanks
    That's correct. They don't let me make a call, send an SMS..do any networking at all. I changed my tariff plan, again, a few days ago and it still does the same thing..So I guess it has nothing to do with it at all. Most other people get cut off at 99c, I used to as well but now its R3,99. Truly makes no sense what could have triggered this.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Simimano View Post
    That's correct. They don't let me make a call, send an SMS..do any networking at all. I changed my tariff plan, again, a few days ago and it still does the same thing..So I guess it has nothing to do with it at all. Most other people get cut off at 99c, I used to as well but now its R3,99. Truly makes no sense what could have triggered this.
    Yes it does, it's more money in their kitty
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Yup..That's true. More money for them..less airtime for me. Lucky bastards.

It wouldn't make a difference if a switched to a different network either..I'm just one person, It would be a speck on the windshield to some company as big as Vodacom.

I don't plan on switching at this point, but I also don't feel like going to wait an hour in one of their shops to speak to someone about it.

Thanks
    if you dont have data bundles in your phone sim it stops making calls at anything above R0.00 so as to catter for your online services.

Thanks
    It happened to me too and I just said F**of to the person on the other side and the call went through....

Moving over to CellC on 1 May anyway....

BOVER Technologies
    - computer sales and TeamViewer support
    Elmine Botha Freelance Photographer - Photographer/ Videographer

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Spent some time at Gateway trying to find a solution to my iphone and at the same time my mate had to renew his contract with Vodacom, what a joke, he renews the contracts gets a new phone, but sorry we don't give out sims cards, we had to go across the passage and get a sim card from a different Vodacom shop, what made me laugh, new applications and renewing contract no que, you walk in go straight to a cubicle, a couple minutes later you have a renewed contract and brand new phone ( no he didn't buy an iphone) but then we had to go across the passage and sit in a que and wait to get a new sim card, anyway that gets sorted out. He realises that all his contacts are still on his blackberry, so we go to another que to be told it cost another R250 to transfer all his contacts from one phone to another (MTN in Pinetown did it for free). He has a problem with his blackberry messaging, keeps coming up on the screen when ever he switches the phone on, it could just be a setting thing, so he ask Vodacom to have a look, they want another R250 to look, so we walk down the passage and ther eis a table setup with blackberry buddies, they sort it out for free.

He wanted a stylus for his new touch screen phone, so we look at a stylus in one of the shops, R100, I take my stylus which I paid R30 for exactly the same thing so I ask the lady if it had R70 worth of gold hidden in, I do understand they pay huge rent in Gateway.

The worse part about the whole renew thing, get home to find the sim cards is a small one and doesn't fit into the new phone, so he contacts the Vodacom help line, they tell to go to the nearest Vodacom shop which in in Sanlam centre, they tell us sorry we have to go all the way back to Gateway because they are a franchise and cannot issue him a new sim card. We contact Vodacom help line again to be told they should do the sim swop, but they refuse and we had to travel all the way back to Gateway to change the sim to the correct size sim.

I have my issues with MTN, but man at least I don't have this travel to Gateway issue every time something goes wrong with MTN. You go to the closest store and they sort out the problems.