Thread: 2013 Employer annual reconciliation season

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries

2013 Employer annual reconciliation season

Received from SARS today:

Dear Employer

The 2013 Employer Annual Reconciliation period will run from 1 April to 31 May 2013. During this period you are required to submit your Employer Reconciliation Declaration (EMP501) and Employee Tax Certificates [IRP5/IT3(a)s] for the transaction period 1 March 2012 to 28 February 2013, in respect of the Monthly Employer Declarations (EMP201) submitted, the payments made and the IRP5/IT3(a)s generated.

This year it is even easier to do your reconciliation as no changes have been introduced.

Just follow these simple steps:

1. Use the latest version of e@syFile™ Employer software. Visit the SARS eFiling website on www.sarsefiling.co.za to download the latest version of e@syFile™ Employer – it is important to always backup your current information on your computer prior to installing a new version of e@syFile™ Employer, as the installation may delete the current information. Please note that any information submitted using a previous version will not be accepted.

2. Import the electronic IRP5/IT3(a) CSV files from your current payroll system into e@syFile™ Employer.

3. Reconcile your EMP501 – capture all additional manual IRP5/IT3(a)s, and e@syFile™ Employer will use the information from all the tax certificates to automatically populate certificate totals for your EMP501. Enter your monthly liabilities and payments, and e@syFile™ Employer will calculate the rest.

4. Beat the deadline of 31 May 2013. Submit your completed EMP501 and IRP5/IT3(a), where applicable EMP601, before the deadline. The earlier you submit the more time you will have to rectify any reconciliation problems. Legislation empowers SARS to impose penalties for failure to submit, late or inaccurate submissions, or reconciliations which do not balance.

Helpful hint
    Should your reconciliation submission fail to balance across the three elements SARS will issue a letter notifying you that your reconciliation submission was unsuccessful. Simply use the Reconciliation Assistant available on e@syFile™ Employer to assist you in correcting your tax affairs and balancing your reconciliation submission.

For more information visit the SARS website www.sars.gov.za, call the SARS Contact Centre on 0800 00 SARS (7277), or visit your nearest SARS branch.

Sincerely

SOUTH AFRICAN REVENUE SERVICE

Perhaps we should make this the official TFSA thread for any queries on this year's return. If you have any problems, please post them here.

Here's hoping for a smooth run for everyone this year.

2. Thanks given for this post:

flaker (03-Apr-13)

Thanks
    Did mine for two companies yesterday - and it all seems to have gone very smoothly.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    I have tried to update easyFile, just timesout. Downloaded the latest easyFile and installed it. When I try login it just times out. I only have the Java 6. they recammend, I have the latest Air, IE9 and Win7 64bit os. i had no problems last year. I tried using Chrome and still the same problem. I also disabled AVG.

Any suggestions please as it is very frustrating.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That sounds like last year's toughest problem. That thread links to some solutions you can try, and there's an email address to try for support.

If you solve it, please post how you got past the problem in this thread.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ABDurbs View Post
    I have tried to update easyFile, just timesout. Downloaded the latest easyFile and installed it. When I try login it just times out. I only have the Java 6. they recammend, I have the latest Air, IE9 and Win7 64bit os. i had no problems last year. I tried using Chrome and still the same problem. I also disabled AVG.

Any suggestions please as it is very frustrating.
    Sometimes it is best to do a complete uninstall and then re-install the new version.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    That sounds like last year's toughest problem. That thread links to some solutions you can try, and there's an email address to try for support.

If you solve it, please post how you got past the problem in this thread.
    Thanks Dave. I have un/re-installed twice now, but after reading the link it seems the problem may be with AVG, which I regret installing every day. I did try disabling it for 30 min, but that didn't help. There may be another AVG issue, so i will dig around the forum and see what I come up with.

Thanks again

Thanks
    Hi ABDurbs - I am catching at straws here, but have you tried right clicking the icon and running it "As Administrator"?