Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pastel v11 Tax Report Difference

Thanks
    Good day

Sorry to post here again. I tried to contact Neville on the forum and a personal message, but no answer. Is there anyone who can help us or give me a number of someone who can. Our bookkeepers aren't getting back to us either on this matter. Please help and thanks.

PROBLEM:

To balance these:

For example our Tax Type report for the tax period 201812 (01/11/2018 - 31/11/2018)
    The Balance of tax control account as at 31/12/2018 is R 1133128.01
    The tax total as per this report is R-227738.73

Thanks
    Hi Michelle271 - Is this the first time that a difference has arisen? Perhaps you should send your Tax Control Account to Excel and compare it with your Tax Type report using the "show details" and "print descriptions" ticked.

Also make sure that your tax report "start type" and "end type" includes all your tax types from 01 to 17 (or wherever your settings end).
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Thanks I'll try that, but no it's been like this since the last book year we have. We think it started in 2011. I started asking questions about how it is calculated etc because I'm learning how pastel works and like to know things in detail. That is when we realized that they differ, etc. We don't have the book year of 2011 anymore. We only keep 5 years so that makes it even harder to track.

Thanks
    Hi i have been reading the posts on the vat control account not being the same as the tax total on the tax report. I have the same issue. I have checked the audit trail the tax report which i compared in excel. I have also checked the tax type report in excel with the descriptions and details. I see that the input tax is not what it should be, so there is a difference between the tax control and tax total. Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what to check. This goes back to 2021.

Thanks
    Hi TGP. Check your Journal entries as I seem to recall that it does not automatically adjust the tax. I was instructed to always use a separate line for tax when using Journals.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Hi - you could check for amounts that are showing in the tax report but are in a different period. Note that any amounts posted directly to the tax control account will not show in the tax report but will affect the tax control account.

You can try to reset the VAT report, which will put all of the transactions into the VAT period based on the transaction date. First make a backup. Then go to Change, Re-Open Tax Period / Clear Tax Manager Settings. Select the option to Clear all tax periods and tax manager settings and click next and process. Then go to view, general ledger, tax, reports and click on Yes to set up the tax periods. Select your tax reporting frequency and click on OK. Then go to View, General Ledger, Tax, Reports and select your current VAT period from the drop-down and click on OK. Try running the tax type report again and see if it's correct now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12