Thread: Graph of foreign exchange

Thanks

Exclamation Graph of foreign exchange

Hi guys!!

On every Wednesday for the past eight weeks I have had to indicate what the exchange rate is between South Africa and the following monetary units:

*USA Dollar
    *Euro
    *Pound
    *Pula

I then had to write a report on what tendency prevailed in the course of eight weeks. I then have to graph the various rates.

I was just wondering..All four can be placed on one graph, right? So how would I go about doing it on one graph?

The example provided is only one unit on one graph..So it does not help much.

Thanks!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Simimano View Post
    I was just wondering..All four can be placed on one graph, right? So how would I go about doing it on one graph?
    Use a line graph.

Looking at the four of them, you wouldn't even have to use a different colour for each currency - there won't be any cross-over points

3. Thanks given for this post:

Simimano (18-Mar-13)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EXCELL performs this task very well. Not sure what version you have, but basically you enter each currency in 4 columns with the values going down in rows, with the description of the currency in each column heading, and the time period on the left most side of the rows. You then click the top left hand cell and with the mouse while holding the right key, drag the colour area to your last bottom cell, release the mouse. The select on your menu bar insert graphs, select a graph and click, and whala a graph appears. You can then play around with the column reference values to show your graph. EXCELL is very powerful for this type of requirement. In engineering we use this often.

If you do a google search "How to draw a graph using excell", there are many tutorials to chose from.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

5. Thanks given for this post:

Simimano (18-Mar-13)

Thanks
    Thanks for the answers

I will most likely just do it by hand for a faster result, It will still appear neat and put together.
    I have Excel 2010, and I gave it a go the other day and it looks great and all but adding the data and extra columns and making sure everything is perfect may take a bit too long..

I will use it in the future though, Excel is very useful indeed.