Thread: BBBEE wrong

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SSS100 View Post
    Read all the discriminating and degrading posts made by all the white people about transformation and black people and BBBEE which is needed to adddress the cruel injustice of the past in this country before you tell me of making racism remarks

Start from beginning of the posts then you shall see MR Clever
    Living in the past is not going to ensure a bright future for your or my children. Taking hands and working together to build a country where ALL South Africans can benefit is what we need. We need a shared patriosim and a vision of a country where everyone is equal and treated fairly.
    I sadly do acknowlege that there are racists amongst us, but I also realise that there are black and white racists, that is why I immediately get my back up when race is mentioned (all races). Every time that we fall into that negative trap of pointing fingers, we destroy the little bit of goodwill that still bind us together.
    Most white people voted for change because we saw that apartheid was wrong. Not all of us benefitted from apartheid as is generally believed. I was orphaned at 10 and the boarding school was my home until I left school. Yes, I was privileged to attend a good school, but I could not afford to go to university. I studied part time and worked hard to make a living. I was awarded an MBA at age 50 and I am still studying. I regard myself as fairly succesful, so why should I be ashamed of who I am?
    I can understand that people are hurt because of injustices and many things that have gone wrong. Some show their anger in violent demonstrations such as the burning of trucks on the N3 this weekend. There are however, those who rise above their circumstances to become leaders and pillars of hope in their communities and in their country. Let us be builders rather than breakers.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

2. Thanks given for this post:

Justloadit (03-Apr-18)