Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: BBBEE wrong

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marq View Post
    One Tax Unit contribution = 1 Vote

Vote with your Money. If I dont like the way you spent it last year - this year I will vote for a more likely candidate.
    Wealth and paying tax do not necessarily equate to intelligence....there are many wealthy a$$holes!

2. Thanks given for this post:

KristiKat (16-Mar-14)

Thanks
    Dave - So you saying deviation from normal democracy produces complexity and should therefore not be attempted because this leads to corruption –enough corruption for it to fail. Perhaps you are right. Perhaps democracy only works because of its simplicity. If this is true then I would argue that democracy itself produces such poor results that dealing with issues of complexity and corruption in IQ-EQ seems a lesser challenge.

Voting is perhaps the only process I want to complicate, in all other matters, including bbbee and commerce, I support dynamic and simplistic policies.

I agree with other democratic processes and institutions, except for the big one off course being who is eligible to vote, which makes it a pseudo democratic system based on the quality of men and woman.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Wealth and paying tax do not necessarily equate to intelligence....there are many wealthy a$$holes!
    Correct - I did not suggest this.
    I was suggesting another solution as Intelligence does not often equate to a correct decisions and voting patterns either.

The problem with democracy is that everybody gets to vote with no IQ standards in place.
    There are plenty of intelligent a$$holes out there as well.

All systems from voting through to government and business processes, should be kept dynamic and simple. Complicate any of them and a mechanism to corrupt will evolve.

Does a higher IQ-EQ equate to higher moral values that will solve the corruption and racketeering problems that seem to have taken over as a system for governance?

Do you think a voting and governance system designed and implemented by University Boffin's with supposedly high IQ-EQ scores, will offer an adequate solution to this question?
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Thanks
    Another though:-
    If it was decided that only people with an IQ over 150 were allowed to vote - How long would it be before Malema and cronies burst through the voting doors with certificates declaring them to be in possession of IQ's in excess of 200?
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Thanks
    An IQ-EQ system does not automatically solve all the problems, or automatically equate to higher moral values, no such system exists. A new system does not have to be perfect to be much better. Its rather obvious, at least in my mind, that the top 49% in IQ-EQ scores will make better choices in an election.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    One can have a high IQ and still be stupid. I know many of those.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

8. Thanks given for this post:

adrianh (16-Mar-14)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    One can have a high IQ and still be stupid. I know many of those.
    That’s very true. Some people may be extremely bright, but very stupid in some aspect or another.

Despite these examples I am confident that on average dumb people are dumber than smart people and smart people are smarter than dumb people. IQ is certainly not a perfect measure of intelligence, nobody has ever claimed it is (Unless they have a very low IQ). IQ is merely a measure that to a large degree reflects intelligence, its only really used because it is one of our best measures/tests we have come up with so far to test for intelligence and its relatively uncomplicated to administer. There are many other measures available, there is the option to modify and combine a whole assortment of tests that are more fit to its application as a voting filter. Even then it will still just be a test that to a large degree measures intelligence. It won’t be perfect or fair, but it will be largely effective for purpose.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    There are (many) people with a high IQ that drink and drive. (potential to kill others and yourself)
    There are (many) people who overestimate their driving skills and compromise themselves and others on the road.

There are people who smoke pot and destroy their brain cells.
    People take drugs and do not realize the consequences on their bodies, their lives and those around them.

There are people who abuse the ones that love them.

Stupidity can not be taught. We can go on and on and on...
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

11. Thanks given for this post:

KristiKat (16-Mar-14)

Thanks
    We have already had a Government of a 'qualified franchise' (Apartheid) and look where that got us, now you want to introduce another type?

I'd rather go with 'Dave's' Idea of an electorate who directly elect their representative and if they do not perform they can be recalled.

The problem with proportional representation is that the 'Cadres' only see blind loyalty to the party as their prime motivation and the electorate have to 'suck up' the appointment of useless, crooked and corrupt 'Comrades' whom they probably didn't even know about before the election.

There are already murmurings in the Eastern Cape that they want the representatives they choose to be in power representing them, not someone they never met before and don't know from Adam.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Government is the agency of coercion that has flags in front of its offices.

- Harry Browne
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

14. Thanks given for this post:

pmbguy (17-Mar-14)

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast