Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: BBBEE wrong

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    This demonstrates exactly how BBEEE works;

Company A had a tender and presumably performed a good service as they have been in this kind of business for more than 20 years.

When the tender came up for renewal, it was awarded to BBEEE at a higher than quoted price. BBEEE then re-appointed Company A to perform the same service, but at a higher rate than they had before, plus an up front implementation fee.

This suits Company A, who is now being paid more, but the performance risk, financial risk and dealing with all the potential problems now lies with BBEEE!

This is surely a win-win situation for the parties involved, but in the end it is us, the citizens and tax payers of this country who has to pay for the bulshit and corruption!
    yep and those with the most brains have to work the hardest..........

the more "unskilled" employees they hire,

the more work they have to do themselves.......

to keep up with succeeding on that level........

it is not a win-win situation,

but rather a stupid business decision,

so you wanted to make more money,

and had to register as A BEE company for that,

and what happens?

you have to work harder than you used to,

because your employees are practically useless.
    “Curiousity is the discovery of satan, the devil was hidden and far, now he stares everyone in the face.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson There is evil! It's actual, like cement... I can't believe it. I can't stand it. Evil is not a view... it's an ingredient in us. In the world. Poured over us, filtering into our bodies, minds, hearts, into the pavement itself.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    The electoral system may be clear cut and dynamic, but this in itself is certainly not enough to say it must be good by default because it’s clear cut and dynamic.

Yes it will be challenging to employ (IQ-EQ) and it will cause resistance, problems etc, sure, but a positive result should be considered too. Considerations of obfuscation are relative to the result.
    maybe i am reading this wrong,

according to me,

there will be conflict no matter what type of employee you hire,

be he smart or dumb as farrrrk,

it is a evil cycle that never ends.
    “Curiousity is the discovery of satan, the devil was hidden and far, now he stares everyone in the face.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson There is evil! It's actual, like cement... I can't believe it. I can't stand it. Evil is not a view... it's an ingredient in us. In the world. Poured over us, filtering into our bodies, minds, hearts, into the pavement itself.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KristiKat View Post
    maybe i am reading this wrong,

according to me,

there will be conflict no matter what type of employee you hire,

be he smart or dumb as farrrrk,

it is a evil cycle that never ends.
    Hi Kristi

Yeah you got the wrong end of the joint a bit. My post you quoted was not about employment it was about testing peoples IQ and EQ for voting purposes, a side discussion to the main discussion about how kak bbbee is.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The electoral system may be clear cut and dynamic, but this in itself is certainly not enough to say it must be good by default because it’s clear cut and dynamic.

What if I put it to you when it comes to expectations of the electorate, that while it is a laudable goal that the electorate select the best candidates, it is absolutely critical that they have the capacity to hold their representatives to account via the ballot box.

Which means:

Considerations of obfuscation are relative to the result.
    Exactly.

Now bear in mind who is in charge of the obfuscation.
    And just how much space you're giving them to play with when 49% is near bang in the middle of the bell curve.

The greater the complexity, the greater the space for manipulation.

Thanks
    I concede that it’s different and bound to be controversial. I also agree that greater complexity leads to a greater chance of manipulation. Despite this the basic premise still stands, that smarter more emotionally mature people choose better leaders. Issues arising from complexity are far outweighed by the benefits of such a system.

A system like this will automatically produce better leaders because those who are clearly bad candidates will not be voted into power. You would have smarter parties competing with each other because you have a smarter electorate.

Smart democracy is a macro solution. This all relates to bbbee, under smart democracy bbbee as it is now would not exist. Smart democracy is not really real democracy anymore, it’s an undemocratic version of democracy that will just work better.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hi Kristi

Yeah you got the wrong end of the joint a bit. My post you quoted was not about employment it was about testing peoples IQ and EQ for voting purposes, a side discussion to the main discussion about how kak bbbee is.
    i think that would be hilarious.....

the tests i mean...

if they lived in WW2 GERMANY,

half of the population with low brain activity would be wiped from the earth

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    pmbguy, I really can't put it more plainly than this: Give a government the space and they'll rig the result, as surely as some in our own government has rigged the result of BBBEE to their advantage.

It really doesn't take much of a study of history to amply demonstrate that the powerfully elegant simplicity of one (wo)man one vote should not be underestimated. As it is, we're already seeing the unintended consequences of proportional representation - in that the electorate cannot hold individual politicians directly accountable...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KristiKat View Post
    i think that would be hilarious,

half of the population with low brain activity would be wiped from the earth
    Now this is something I could vote for
    Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    It is clear that one man one vote does not produce the best results, so maybe a dictatorship is the answer. Now where can I find a dictator that will do what I want?
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    One Tax Unit contribution = 1 Vote

Vote with your Money. If I dont like the way you spent it last year - this year I will vote for a more likely candidate.
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast