Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: BBBEE wrong

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    So you agree that the majority are dimwits?
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurock View Post
    So you agree that the majority are dimwits?
    Of course, but remember what you are taught to do when in Rome!

Thanks
    The problem with democracy is that everybody gets to vote with no IQ standards in place. So the stupid decide our fate. I would rather stay in a country where we have all the same human rights etc, but only those with an IQ score that lies in the top 49% gets to vote.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pmbguy View Post
    The problem with democracy is that everybody gets to vote with no IQ standards in place. So the stupid decide our fate. I would rather stay in a country where we have all the same human rights etc, but only those with an IQ score that lies in the top 49% gets to vote.
    Doesn't work either because the one group will just ensure that the other groups get no education.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Doesn't work either because the one group will just ensure that the other groups get no education.
    Education should have nothing to do with IQ so how would you determine who votes or not.

I have a very intelligent 60yr old gardener who through circumstances cannot read or write but would have a high IQ if tested, trouble is how do you test an illiterate?

Incidentally he ensured that all his kids had the opportunity to attend school at great personal sacrifice, they are all literate but are still not permanently employed, so they are very subject to EFF or cANCer bullshit.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Testing IQ without basic education is unrealistic. A person needs a certain amount of training to be able to apply deductive reasoning. The training I refer to is not a degree, it is basic reasoning skills.

Anyway, using IQ as a measure for who gets to vote is bizarre because clever people are not necessarily nice people nor good people. There are many highly intelligent psychopaths out there....just look at big business and politics.

Thanks
    My reasoning here is that intelligent people have a much better chance of understanding the situation and the solutions. Yes I agree that an IQ test is not ideal, I used it purely for example. A much broader measure is needed, that can accommodate dissimilarities between people etc etc etc – testing for intelligence. In any case no measure will be perfect and none of this will ever happen.

I reject the notion that somehow intelligence equals badness, a statistic positively showing this would be fractional and will certainly have no effect on the outcome of elections.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I agree that intelligence doesn't necessarily reflect badness, but it also doesn't necessarily reflect goodness. I think that EQ may be a good measure to use as well as IQ (Then I'll never be allowed to vote)

Thanks
    Good one, when you add EQ to IQ it makes much more sense because you are essentially testing sociability by testing emotion – which relates to how well you chose your leaders – you understand what you and other people want and need.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Exactly...

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast