Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OSCARS - Internet Wars - Volume 1

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Exclamation OSCARS - Internet Wars - Volume 1

OSCARS - Obsessive's Compulsive Attack Response Syndrome:
    The obsessive compulsive need to respond to an internet post from a stranger with personal attacks, absolute hatred and vile language

Following some of the latest news in South Africa (uncommon for me), I have come to the conclusion that people who are insecure with regards to their own beliefs / views, are the first to start attacking others.

I have moments that remind me of working for a manager when I was young and naive, who manipulated me emotionally and harrassed me sexually. He never could prove that I didn't do my job exceedingly well, but always made me feel like the dog's breakfast. I often used to wipe at my arms, because it felt like the 'proverbial' was lodging on my skin.

Nowhere is it more evident than on the internet. Do people really still think that they are anonymous infront of that screen?

Maybe that is the case, but I don't know, I think it's just part of a bigger problem, aka my pet hate 'lack of integrity'.

Or is it because the internet gave everybody a voice?

Truth, like breeding, will out.

Just because you can type, it does not mean you have to abuse the special @#&* characters (or the UPPERCASE!) .

* Rant Complete *

~Anything or anyone who does not bring you alive, is too small for you~ Carina
    ~The moment you think you know it all, is the moment you know nothing~ Carina
    twitter: @DarkAngelYaya - Blogger: The Common Garden Variety Goddess - darkangelcarina@gmail.com

One Google Page Result away from being Famous

Thanks
    Online characters and real life charactersare often worlds apart. I'm a little bit the opposite way, I used to be a thug in real life (not so much nowadays) but online I was a lot less confrontational and a lot more tolerant. There is however a line that when crossed means all pleasantries go out of the window but that's not very often.

3. Thanks given for this post:

Darkangelyaya (12-Mar-13)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    I used to be a thug in real life (not so much nowadays)
    So, like, only on Mondays between 14h00 and 14h30... or how does that work, exactly?

(Yes, you ARE special, and so is Vanash)
    twitter: @DarkAngelYaya - Blogger: The Common Garden Variety Goddess - darkangelcarina@gmail.com

Thanks
    Nahh, before 5pm I'm way too busy to be thuggish. I think the difference nowadays is I really don't care as much so I'm lees motivated to wade in and be hands-on to change things. I'm happy to take a more laissez faire approach and just take some perverse pleasure when things run their inevitable course.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    When the online persona is very different to the persona in "real life", which is actually the "real reflection" of that person?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkangelyaya View Post
    Following some of the latest news in South Africa (uncommon for me), I have come to the conclusion that people who are insecure with regards to their own beliefs / views, are the first to start attacking others.
    I certainly feel that those sorts of "attack is the best form of defence" posts say a lot more about the person doing the attacking than it does about the person (or post) they're attacking.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    When the online persona is very different to the persona in "real life", which is actually the "real reflection" of that person?
    I certainly feel that those sorts of "attack is the best form of defence" posts say a lot more about the person doing the attacking than it does about the person (or post) they're attacking.
    Social chameleons or multiple personality disorder? The truth is somewhere in between. It's a balancing act... And I agree re the last part.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkangelyaya View Post
    Social chameleons or multiple personality disorder? The truth is somewhere in between.
    I think the truth is in this post

Thanks
    The worst non smoker is an ex smoker, referring to the post in the link above, I once chewed a mouthfull of food and then sneezed it all over the guy who was smoking at the table next to me, profuse apologies and mentioned the fact that the smoke tickled my nose and made me sneeze, of course everybody within spitting distance put their ciggies out and I could enjoy the rest of my meal.

It all came down to respect and being aware of who was being inconvenienced by your smoking.

Flaming has been a tradition since the dawn of the internet, one needs to grow a pair (DarkAngel I believe yours are seriously awesome)
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

10. Thanks given for this post:

Darkangelyaya (13-Mar-13)

Thanks
    this is really true
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sarcasm.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	3396  
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    How did I miss THAT one?!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast