Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sundry Accounts

Thanks
    I was completing my task today when this popped up and this is why I am partly confused..Okay, It is CRJ, Receiving money, but how come Capital is in Sundries? And this is correct, according to my books:

Could someone please clarify for me?

Thanks
    This is why I ask in an earlier post, whether you doing the accounts for an existing business or if it is study/course related. For practical purposes, you have to be very careful when using sundry accounts you have to think ahead. But most course designers have a somewhat different definition and use of the term sundry. Since you immediate goal is to pass the course, best to follow the course material.

What course are you doing ???

Gold Member
    Thanks
    In this instance, sundry accounts means ALL accounts other than Debtors. This is just terminology.

CRJ mostly records receipts from debtors, whereas the sundry accounts column merely means you must name it an insert the folio. The alternative is to have a column for every single account in the TB.

This as opposed to how your question actually came across, which was a reference to a specific ledger account named 'Sundry Expenses'.

4. Thank given for this post:

Dave A (14-Mar-13), Simimano (15-Mar-13)

Thanks
    This is definitely course related, I am doing an advanced accounting course, I am just looking for better explanations..as the ones that are provided with the study material are insufficient, Though that is just my opinion, I suppose some people want to complete it faster than others and don't need so much reading material, I'd like more clarity though as I need to understand before I can move on to the next topic.

CLIVE-TRIANGLE; The question that I first presented is exactly how it is. I hate to say this again but please clarify your second paragraph. I was looking for Sundry accounts broken down, yes.

Thanks
    Clive-Triangle explained it quite well, it's just terminology, don't confuse sundry accounts when used in the CRJ with sundry expenses, you could very well use "Other Accounts" in the CRJ , this is just a limitation of the usage of english language, much like the words assumption and presumption, they not clearly defined in usage.

Main thing is to remember the following:

In this instance, sundry accounts means ALL accounts other than Debtors. This is just terminology.

CRJ mostly records receipts from debtors, whereas the sundry accounts column merely means you must name it an insert the folio.

7. Thanks given for this post:

Simimano (15-Mar-13)

Thanks
    Thanks a lot for the continuous help, I appreciate it!

It is quite simple, My mistake is taking things and turning it into a real complex matter..

This is all that was in The CPJ:

But I will get the hang of it, Its a matter of being realistic once you have the basic knowledge of something.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123