Thread: Passive / Residual / Automated Income Model Businesses

Thanks

Passive / Residual / Automated Income Model Businesses

Being a techie at heart, this sort of business fascinates me as you can tweak one small part of the process and have HUGE gains down the line as a result. A case in point is an increase from R1.7k/month in AdSense to over R5k in the space of under 4 weeks.

I'm addicted to this sort of thing. I've lived off of it before, for a period of a few months, and it was good! So now I've rediscovered it and I'd like to explore it more deeply. Specifically, I'm wondering how many different types of passive or ALMOST passive income businesses there are out there that have worked for you or someone you know... Here's my list...

Qualification Criteria: Any business that requires less than daily work on it. Preferably once a week tops.

• AdSense - I've had reasonable success here. (R6k/month being my record)
    • Online SaaS Business - I've had huge success here as well but this requires a LOT of up-front work and possibly 1 or 2 cheap employees to offer support. Well worth it though. (R40k/month being my record)
    • Gumball Vending Machines - One of my business partners does quite well with this. (R2.5k-R7k/month)
    • Property - Lots of success stories here, provided you can find motivated sellers. This is the big end-goal but something I'm darned afraid of touching right now

Over to you - what do you know works - through personal experience or via a friend.
    Norio De Sousa - Just1.co.za (Cheap web hosting & website builder)
    Maxiware CC Reg no. 2000/048244/23 (Maxiware CC)

Thanks
    Have you tried forex trading ? If you do proper research, have the correct software and decide on a trading strategy (and follow the strategy) this is highly profitable.

Property - have you considered purchasing on sheriff's auction? Have a look at www.shha.co.za

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fixmytax View Post
    Have you tried forex trading ? If you do proper research, have the correct software and decide on a trading strategy (and follow the strategy) this is highly profitable.
    Profitable, yes, passive - not really. I've done it with some success in the past but it took a lot of work and I used to co-own a forex signals company where my partner had lots of success but he worked his butt off to work out those signals. Not my cuppa tea.

Quote Originally Posted by fixmytax View Post
    Property - have you considered purchasing on sheriff's auction? Have a look at www.shha.co.za
    Yep, but that's more long-term. Not in a position to do that currently. Need to build up to it.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi Norrie, personal experience dictates network marketing. The best, in my experience, is the IFA (Indepedent Field Advertiser) business opportunity. With no sales or product handling, a very good passive income in excess of 10k monthly is acheivable with 2 to 4 hours weekly. Regards, Colin

Thanks
    Thanks Colin! Do you have a link where I can learn more?

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi Norrie, you can check at www.dsasa.co.za
    Look under tab "member directory"
    Here you find all coys that are members of the direct sales association of SA. Their contact details, and whether the are in direct sales, network marketing or multilevel marketing as well as their product range is listed. You will be interested in the ones that do network or multilevel marketing

There 17 such companies registered. Let me know if you want info on the pros or cons.

Regards, Colin

Thanks
    I just watched the IFA video presentation and it looks like hard work, so IFA does not fall under the passive income category. I'm an amateur swing trader using technical analysis and I believe that trading stocks on the JSE an hour or less a day can make one money. What I now want though is to start a business and have money flowing in every month without me doing anything really except putting in the initial required capital. Any ideas?

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi Norrie, unfortunately no experience in that domain. Network marketing, irrespective of which company's system you use, requires an initial investment of time. The passive income part could take a few months up to 2 years to establish. Network marketing is NOT a get rich quick scheme.

Other types of investment require either a large initial, or regular, investments. Traditionally the banks have low interest rates requiring large investment to generate a "liveable" passive income.

Generally ome has to be very wary of any promises of interest rates much higher than current interest rates.

Sorry i cannot help out here. Regards, Colin