Thread: Legal requirements for MLM business

Email problem
    Thanks

Legal requirements for MLM business

Hi my name is Mike Ellis. I live in George and have an awesome product that I would like to network market.

I have no idea of the legal requirements.

Anybody able to steer me in the right direction? I've tried websites like the FSB and the Reserve Bank. Not much help there.

The product actually sells itself, is very affordable and critically necessary to all South Africans. Product has been around since 2008 and has been sold through financial advisors and intermediaries, but has no compliance requirements within the fais laws, that I can see. It was introduced to me and I immediately thought of networking the sale of it. I've negotiated pricing that works and am able to put a really nice structure together. I am so hyped about the idea, but would hate to do it incorrectly and hurt myself or others. MLM is about helping each other after all.

Any direction will be appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That's such a good question, I think it deserves its own thread rather than buried on page 7 of another discussion.

3. Thanks given for this post:

mikren (04-Mar-13)

Thanks

Network Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by mikren View Post
    Hi my name is Mike Ellis. I live in George and have an awesome product that I would like to network market.

I have no idea of the legal requirements.

Anybody able to steer me in the right direction? I've tried websites like the FSB and the Reserve Bank. Not much help there.

The product actually sells itself, is very affordable and critically necessary to all South Africans. Product has been around since 2008 and has been sold through financial advisors and intermediaries, but has no compliance requirements within the fais laws, that I can see. It was introduced to me and I immediately thought of networking the sale of it. I've negotiated pricing that works and am able to put a really nice structure together. I am so hyped about the idea, but would hate to do it incorrectly and hurt myself or others. MLM is about helping each other after all.

Any direction will be appreciated.
    Dear Mike
    Please let me know how you are doing with your product. I'd like to know more about it.
    Regards
    Donovan