Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoking at work........

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Wow, now that makes for interesting reading.

I think that the popularity of smoking was as a direct result of marketing by large American manufacturers who knew perfectly well the devestating effects.

What I don't get is that people still smoke even though there is an abundance of evidence that it is very harmful. I think that if smoking were to kill after only one packet then nobody would smoke, but because the effects take so long people don't think about it. It's weird to think that people will save for their old age yet they would smoke and mess up the exact quailty of life that they are so desperately saving their money for....yet we think we are God's greatest creation because we are "able to think for ourselves"
    A very good morning to you Adrian,
    I’m actually not happy that I currently smoke! I gave up smoking for some 6 years! I’m aware that the literature proves that smoking doesn’t relieve stress but that it only makes it worse, but in my case it does seem to help. I remain committed to stopping as smoking affects my exercise regime which is very important to me.
    I suppose that if I were your potential employee, I would just have to approach you with humility i.e. Sir I have a cigarette smoking problem, but I give you my word I will never smoke at work

“Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Oh well, we all have our issues. As long as we are aware of them and work at them then that is all that really matters. My own list of personal issues are a mile long.

Thanks
    this puts it all into perspective

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7YBaiJMnik

4. Thanks given for this post:

ians (11-Mar-13)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The anti-tobacco movement did not have much effect in the early years of the Nazi regime and tobacco use increased between 1933 and 1939, but smoking by military personnel declined from 1939 to 1945.
    Wow is this not surprising, the fact that most of the army personnel were already dead due to the war effort had nothing to do with the count I suppose
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

6. Thanks given for this post:

Chrisjan B (11-Mar-13)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    Wow is this not surprising, the fact that most of the army personnel were already dead due to the war effort had nothing to do with the count I suppose
    The irony is that the American economy as we know it today was built on the tabacco and cotton industries! The only thing that could get America out of the great depression was legalizing alcohol i.e. nullifying prohibition. So these two sins played a major role economically. As for Hitler, he was against cigarretes but not against his personal doctor, Dr Morel shooting him up with drugs everyday.
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well as I sit here at 11:49 "typing not yet posting" two gunshots where fired.

So really smoking will kill us?? Ja nee kyk

I still think if you are a business owner crying about smoking and no smoking then I would imagine that you don't really care for the product and or service. Because if product and service was a priority then the last thing on your mind would be smoking. I say this because you get good and bad employees that smoke and good and bad employees that are none smokers. So my concern would be "how do I get rid of the bad employees" Not cry about who is smoking!

So really you can create your policies and force-feed them to your employees. Really in the end of the day it is what it is...
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    DUDE...!!!
    I missed all the fun!
    ~Anything or anyone who does not bring you alive, is too small for you~ Carina
    ~The moment you think you know it all, is the moment you know nothing~ Carina
    twitter: @DarkAngelYaya - Blogger: The Common Garden Variety Goddess - darkangelcarina@gmail.com

One Google Page Result away from being Famous

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkangelyaya View Post
    DUDE...!!!
    I missed all the fun!
    Nah... You didn't miss much...
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    I would like to take this opportunity to Thank everyone who has contributed in giving feedback on my post.

Thank You!

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    DarkAngelYaya - You did miss all the fun. Ok - watch out for my thread on buying drugs via the net....I'm sure we'll start the fun right up again!

13. Thanks given for this post:

Darkangelyaya (26-Mar-13)

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast