Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Earning more than 10k online?

Thanks

Earning more than 10k online?

I have a website that is generating a profit of more than R10,000 per month and my next goal is to get it to 10 times that number.

I want to meet other people in real life who also have successful online businesses to exchange ideas and experiences.

If you have an online business with a profit of more than R10,000 per month and live near Cape Town, send me a private message and we can arrange to get together.

Evert

2. Thanks given for this post:

andrecv (06-Mar-13)

Thanks
    Evert i would not mind to start at R3k-R5k p/m with a online business...tried a couple but 60% scams and the rest survey's that is a no brainer...i even tried the HYIP's but lost R3600 in the first week...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andrecv View Post
    Evert i would not mind to start at R3k-R5k p/m with a online business...tried a couple but 60% scams and the rest survey's that is a no brainer...i even tried the HYIP's but lost R3600 in the first week...
    Yes, there is no magic formula. The best advice I found was "The 4-hour work week" by Tim Ferriss. He gives good advice on how to find a niche to focus on and how to do small scale tests to see if your idea will be profitable. I like his advice on using pay-per-click advertising to drive traffic to your site instead of putting your hopes on maybe getting a good ranking in the search engines.

I'm basically following the advice in the book by driving traffic to my website through Adwords and carefully calculating how much to spend on each incoming click from Adwords so that the website will be profitable. My basic business model is that I have a daily newsletter that drives traffic to my website where I generate income with Adsense and I am using Adwords to find new subscribers for the newsletter. What I like about using Adwords and Adsense in this way is that you get a lot of detailed statistics. So, even when you've just spent a small amount of money on Adwords, you can already see whether your website provides a good return on the investment. I spend about R4.00 on each new subscriber and get that money back within 3 months through Adsense. With all the detailed statistics I can carefully calculate how much of the Adsense income to reinvest in Adwords every month to keep the website growing.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The subject of "driving traffic to a website" always fascinates me.

Evert, how did you find The Forum SA?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    The subject of "driving traffic to a website" always fascinates me.

Evert, how did you find The Forum SA?
    I found The Forum SA after a Google search. I was looking for a South African forum discussing Adsense.

I am also fascinated by the subject of driving traffic to a website. I've tried all kinds of SEO tricks in the past and finally gave up on trying to get organic traffic. Now that I generate my own visitors with pay-per-click and bring them back to the website through my newsletter and Facebook posts, I am much happier because the process is predictable.

7. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (07-Mar-13)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    OK - and you Adword campaign strategy - do you target just search results, or do you leave the campaign open to display results on Adsense publisher sites too?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    OK - and you Adword campaign strategy - do you target just search results, or do you leave the campaign open to display results on Adsense publisher sites too?
    I've actually found that the display network is more cost-effective than the search results. So, I've disabled the search results for now.

I've tried almost all of the pay-per-click networks and also Facebook, but in the end got the best cost per conversion with Adwords.

10. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (07-Mar-13)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Evert View Post
    I've actually found that the display network is more cost-effective than the search results. So, I've disabled the search results for now.
    Now there's some food for thought!

Not worth going to Capetown for a meeting yet, though

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Evert View Post

I've tried almost all of the pay-per-click networks and also Facebook, but in the end got the best cost per conversion with Adwords.
    Evert
    I reduced display network and increased search results clicks bids, maybe time to try the other way round. Thanks for the tips.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I have a sneaking suspicion whether search or network ads are more cost effective depends on the niche you're targeting, or perhaps your marketing message itself.

Just goes to show though - assume nothing!
    Test.
    Test.
    Test.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast