I'm not sure that people want to hear this, but the cracks are starting to show through the wallpaper.

The unprecedented economic growth in Gauteng is fading following a weakening in business conditions within the province, the Gauteng Business Barometer (GBB) said on Wednesday.

In a statement, the GBB said growth levels had tapered off and the economy was set to experience a slowdown that would last until next year before growth accelerates.

Economist Mike Schüssler said the main reason for the decline was higher inflation and interest rates, which pushed up the economic stress index, a sub-section of the GBB that measures negative factors in the province.

The economic stress index rose by 1% in May compared with April. It was also 5,7% higher than the level in May last year and suggests that business conditions were as bad as in 2003, he said.
full story from M&G here
I'm wondering what is being factored in to suggest that growth will accelerate next year - but this little part may be pertinent:
Standard Bank's chief economist Goolam Ballim said enterprises should not rush out to fix their borrowing rates at their banks out of fear that it would rise further.

"The premium that financial institutions charge to fix rates is likely to exceed the potential for any further increases in interest rates. It is also likely that rates may start to fall in a year's time.
Hmmm. I can't help think the drivers that are going to turn interest rates downward in fairly short order are going to involve a fair amount of pain.

Tighten your seatbelts. This could be a bumpy ride.