I had to laugh today, i applied for a credit card with a " R1000 limit " and a saving account for my bussiness ( sole prop) so that i can reduce my eft daily costs and pay my vat turnover every month into the savings account as i mentioned in another thread.

In the mean time i get a call from a "standard bank call centre" for the online request I sent, all my personal details are given over the phone, and a personal account is opened, now here is the joke, while answering all the questions and giving all my details a message comes thru on my cell to indicate that the credit card for the bussiness is declined due to my bad credit rating.

Now here is the joke, while the credit card has just been declined, in the same breath from the same bank i am offered and approved a R25000 overdraft facilty and a R20 000 credit card and R400 000 pre approved vehicle finance and R500 000 home loan......eeeeeish. What can i say, i am confused.

Here is the other trick i call back the number from which i received the call to open all these accounts and the number "doesnt exsist", I then call the toll free number for the bank and am told that you cannot call the call centre number and gave me another number, which i called to verify the person works at the call centre and that they did in fact contact me and open all these other accounts. What a mission.