Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Tech Guys www.seo7k.co.za

Thanks

Post The Tech Guys www.seo7k.co.za

Hi Guys

I have received several telephone calls as well as an email promoting website optimization and one month free trial. The email does mention that it takes approx 3 months to reach the top pages. The company calls themselves The Tech Guys and mentions the website address www.seo7k.co.za. The sales manager named Martin Ogiliev has been contacting me. Oh and this will cost me R1400 per month.

Has anyone used this company for seo? Is this a scam? Please let me know.

Thanks.

Khadija Kader
    PayrollSmart

Thanks
    Hi there Khadija,

My business partner have initially submitted our site to them for SEO on the free one month program a while back and honestly stay away. Not only have they probably done more harm than anything else they have sent me numerious mails stating that they are working on my website doing onsite optimization but mean time they haven't even logged into the site to begin with.

Rather stick to someone you can rely on like Mark Atkins here on the forum. Members have only had good things to say about him.
    For all your I.T. Support in Cape Town contact Dynamic Support.

"You must be the change you want to see in the world. ~ Mahatma Gandhi"

3. Thank given for this post:

Blurock (01-Mar-13), Mark Atkinson (21-Feb-13)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Chaos View Post
    Rather stick to someone you can rely on like Mark Atkinson here on the forum. Members have only had good things to say about him.
    Thanks Cpt Chaos.

Khadija, I've always thought that it's a little ironic that those SEO companies have to spam your phone and inbox to get your business. By my interpretation an SEO provider should be pretty good at being found.

Also, I'm not sure that an SEO agency worth their salt would charge you a fixed fee for SEO because the service is highly specific to your business and industry - all sorts of factors come into play. (Your target market, goals, how strong your competition is etc)

Thanks
    Thanks guys. Really appreciated! Perhaps we can discuss how you can help my website Mark.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Dear Sir I contacted you and offered your company a free one month trial of optimisation. How can thiks be a scam when this is a FREE FREE FREE deal. You were advsied you would have the option to walk away or carry on after the free month. I advised you no credit cards or bank details would be required for our free trial. I do not udnerstand why all of you ahve written these things when this is clearly not a scam as it is FREEEEEEEEEEEE

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by martin ogiliev View Post
    Dear Sir I contacted you and offered your company a free one month trial of optimisation. How can thiks be a scam when this is a FREE FREE FREE deal. You were advsied you would have the option to walk away or carry on after the free month. I advised you no credit cards or bank details would be required for our free trial. I do not udnerstand why all of you ahve written these things when this is clearly not a scam as it is FREEEEEEEEEEEE
    Interesting... According to your profile, you are the ripe old age of 15. Suppose that settles the question of the maturity level of this post.
    ~Anything or anyone who does not bring you alive, is too small for you~ Carina
    ~The moment you think you know it all, is the moment you know nothing~ Carina
    twitter: @DarkAngelYaya - Blogger: The Common Garden Variety Goddess - darkangelcarina@gmail.com

One Google Page Result away from being Famous

8. Thanks given for this post:

Clare (25-Oct-13)

Thanks
    Free does also not necessarily mean risk free...

BOVER Technologies
    - computer sales and TeamViewer support
    Elmine Botha Freelance Photographer - Photographer/ Videographer

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismine View Post
    Free does also not necessarily mean risk free...
    +1

Thanks
    Consumers have the right to 'check-out' even free deals!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's threads like these that make me ponder the appropriate use of the word "scam" in the first place.

If you look at the Collins Dictionary definition of scam, it involves something illegal:

A scam is an illegal trick, usually with the purpose of getting money from people or avoiding paying tax.
    The looser definition more commonly applied nowadays is more along the lines of
    try to swindle someone by means of a confidence trick
    and I find it is this looser definition that seems to permeate social media dialogue, and it is the test that you'd think Martin would seek to pass.

In fairness I have seen the term "scam" patently misapplied too - normally when someone feels they were overcharged because in hindsight they could have got something similar for a lesser price. Realistically that's not a scam though unless there is a totally unreasonable disparity and there has been some element of misrepresentation.

Ultimately a scam is not just a question of value, or value for money - it's also a test of honesty, transparency and integrity.

So Martin, bearing in mind I know where you're actually posting from compared to your claimed location in your profile, I suggest you pause and consider this part of Mark's signature -

"The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear." - Socrates
    Good advice, my friend.

When I see a little deception, I can't help but wonder how far the tendancy to misrepresent and misdirect might run.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast