I've been busy with a rush job for a client and it was terrible. It was just push push push and they jst absolutely have the product come hell or high water. They just had to take it back to JHB with them and they were not leaving without it. We had to make a call to stop work three quarters of the way through so that they could make the flight back. Of course the job was half finished. Now they tell us that the job is crap, that our service is crap and that we are just absolute horrible people...and we have one week to fix it.

For F*ck sake....we told you that we are not going to be done in time, we told you that you are pushing too hard, we told you that we would rather bury the product at the bottom of the garden....and now after all of that there is a week left to fix all the shortcuts that we were forced to take to get you on the plane.

There is a lesson in all of this for me: I will never ever take on a rediculous amount of work (even for very good money) at an unrealistic deadline for a new customer.

This job has been one of the most unpleasant experiences I've ever had in business and it was entirely my own fault for not correctly managing their expectations.