Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New Age cANCer propoganda toilet paper

Diamond Member
    Thanks

The New Age cANCer propoganda toilet paper

I see The New Age newspaper is being given away for free in Telkom shops. The cANCer now have their own private newspaper being distributed via public institutions.

Talk about "Vatting gat"

I wish we could bring back the Guillotine.....those who eat cake at the expense of those who starve for bread should be "fixed"...permanently.....

Thanks
    Remember that scene of one of the Gupta clan bursting into tears either after being arrested or appearing in court? I tried in earnest to keep that article for my collection, can't seem to find it!!!
    Highlights:
    "He refused to be searched because they didn’t have a search warrant and there was no suspicion of anything. Mr Gupta was treated for xenophobia because they said he must go back to India,” he said."
    " I was mentally broken. I’m a proud South African,” said Gupta before breaking down in tears, which he wiped away with a white handkerchief."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gupta.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	3281

I wonder if this post will be sensored when the secrecy bill takes effect!!!!!!!!
    Source:

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-cour...tPageLayout.ot

Yet another version
    http://www.2oceansvibe.com/2010/09/2...to-this-story/
    Another highlight from that time period:
    "Kweza said she could not comment on a report in the Sowetan newspaper that Gupta boasted that he knew national police chief Bheki Cele and threatened to get the policemen who arrested him fired.
    Source:
    http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/art...reatening-cops
    Last edited by Citizen X; 06-Feb-13 at 02:35 PM. Reason: typo
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    those who eat cake at the expense of those who starve for bread should be "fixed"...permanently.....
    And what shall we do with the idiots who starve for bread but vote to keep the idiots who enjoy the cake

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    @vieome - the eternal question....

Thanks
    It's a hopeless situation. I said it before - I say it again: fear the followers - not the leaders. The followers can change the situation. The leaders have neither the inclination nor the competence.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Fear the followers and the leaders....Stalin, Hitler....both leaders and followers were out of their minds.

Thanks
    True, I guess.....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    In defence of the ANC, it's not like they're hiding any of the ugly details of this rather cosy setup.

Right from the beginning it was announced by the ANC mouthpiece of the time that they wanted to set up a newspaper "to balance all the negative publicity" (in spindoctor talk, that translates to "pro-us propoganda"). And who can blame them when even newspapers they could previously count on as being strongly supportive of the ANC seemed to be full of ever sharper criticism for the shenanigans of ANC cadres.

In true ANC modern tradition, the owners of this propoganda machine had to go to one of the trusted faithful.

And to make it all profitable and worthwhile, quite naturally funds from state and parastatals had to be deployed to support this enterprise. What's the use of being in charge of those big budgets if you can't steer the funds to where it suits you

I'm quite sure the ANC sees nothing to defend here. It's just business as usual...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    In defence of the ANC, it's not like they're hiding any of the ugly details of this rather cosy setup.

Right from the beginning it was announced by the ANC mouthpiece of the time that they wanted to set up a newspaper "to balance all the negative publicity" (in spindoctor talk, that translates to "pro-us propoganda"). And who can blame them when even newspapers they could previously count on as being strongly supportive of the ANC seemed to be full of ever sharper criticism for the shenanigans of ANC cadres.

In true ANC modern tradition, the owners of this propoganda machine had to go to one of the trusted faithful.

And to make it all profitable and worthwhile, quite naturally funds from state and parastatals had to be deployed to support this enterprise. What's the use of being in charge of those big budgets if you can't steer the funds to where it suits you

I'm quite sure the ANC sees nothing to defend here. It's just business as usual...
    A very good afternoon to you Dave
    What you say is unfortunately true i.e. exactly right!!!
    Well, the Daily Sun is still the 'fastest selling newspaper in South Africa,' and NOT the 'New Age.'
    I don't ever see the New Age as becoming a reliable source of information. I will never buy that paper and I don't even want it even for free!!
    As far as I'm concerned nobody actually buys the New Age
    I think the question on many South Africans minds is what are the Gupta's getting in return from the ANC(guarantee of future deals, other favours etc) for their dealings and what are ANC officials expecting from the Guptas?
    South Africa is watching, we not fools
    Last edited by Citizen X; 08-Feb-13 at 04:32 PM.
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Vanash, you're not the only one who won't be buying it. That's why they have to GIVE the bog-roll away. That way they can say to their advertisers that their circulation has increased. It'll be interesting to see how long the Guptas keep pumping money into it before they get 'gatvol' unless as you say they are benefiting in some other way....
    Last edited by Didditmiself; 08-Feb-13 at 07:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast