Thread: NETWORK CONNECTION PROBLEMS

Thanks

NETWORK CONNECTION PROBLEMS

Has anyone any suggestions on how to fix a network connectivity problem I am having. I have a windows 7 (64bit) bootcamp partition and am connecting it to a network (not a domain). I am able to see all the computers on the network except the Pastel server which is a windows 2003 server and a Belina payroll server which is a standard XP machine. I have flushed the ips I have checked the TCP/IP settings, I have checked the workgroup settings. As I mentioned I can all other computers on the network apart from the two mentioned.

Thanks
    When you go to your network folder you will get a yellow strip on the top of the page click on that and click network discovery on select your choice you will see the list of computers connected to your network weather WiFi or LAN.

Thanks
    Are those "servers" set to a different Workgroup (seeing as you're not using a domain)? It's highly recommended to use the same Workgroup name throughout (and turn off W7's Homegroup feature if you've got a mix of older Win machines as in your case). This would make network connections much easier.

You're still lucky you're not having to connect to a 2000 (or even NT4) machine. That's simply impossible through Vista / W7. Ms decided those are not used any more, even though they are used extensively in old setups. If you've got one of these, then you're relegated back to XP as latest Win desktop.
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. - Norm Franz
    And central banks are the slave clearing houses

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    When you change network settings, it's worthwhile doing a restart - especially on older XP machines to make sure the new settings are actually being used.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by monaknight03 View Post
    When you go to your network folder you will get a yellow strip on the top of the page click on that and click network discovery on select your choice you will see the list of computers connected to your network weather WiFi or LAN.
    Thanks so much for your reply I have done that and I see all the computers except the two I mentioned. If I go to one of the machines on the network and I ping the ip address of the computer I am trying to connect I can do that no problem. If i go on the problematic computer and I ping the ip address of the other computers on the network I have no success but if I ping the computer name it replies. The problem with this is that I am using Pastel and Belina and need the ip addresses in order to connect successfully

Thanks
    Hi there, I have checked the workgroup settings and they are definitely all the same "workgroup"

Thanks
    I def restart each time I make any changes.... but its win 7 OS however I still do the restart.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Have you tried disabling IPV6 and only have IPV4 enabled?