Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Make the Leap

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Be Motivated Today

BTW, they happily took my money...
    As a result:
    I'm motivated to the point of being comatose.
    ~Anything or anyone who does not bring you alive, is too small for you~ Carina
    ~The moment you think you know it all, is the moment you know nothing~ Carina
    twitter: @DarkAngelYaya - Blogger: The Common Garden Variety Goddess - darkangelcarina@gmail.com

One Google Page Result away from being Famous

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    And yet some franchisees succeed and flourish and others fail despite same product and business model...

I think even in a classic franchise situation, the soft skills and self-discipline of the franchisee matters - and there's no doubt that varies from person to person.
    I would consider that to be management skills. Maybe also an intrepreneur (a person who has entrepreneurial skills, but is employed by someone else).

Maybe one day making a living out of dropping affiliate links all over social media sites and encouraging other people to do the same will be considered a "real business."
    Exactly like unsolicited and unplanned cold calling. The more people you contact, the more chance you have of hooking just that one prospect.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    There doesn't seem to be a single clear definition of the erm "Entreprenuer"

I suppose the best description would be "a person who creates business where there was none before" - this of course means that buying and runnning a franchise or getting poor sods to sign up to your MLM is not considered to be entreprenuerial because you are not creating NEW business - you are simply extending an existing business.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    ... is not considered to be entreprenuerial because you are not creating NEW business - you are simply extending an existing business.
    I had thought of that. The hitch in that thinking is the folk who buy struggling businesses, make them very profitable, sell them and go onto the next. To my mind that's very entrepreneurial.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I like the definition by the Stanford Business School:

en·tre·pre·neur /ˌäntrəprəˈno͝or/

Noun
    1. A person who organizes and operates a business or businesses, taking on financial risk to do so.
    2. A promoter in the entertainment industry.

Synonyms
    contractor - undertaker - businessman - impresario

Consider the example of a promoter who identifies an artist as worthy of promoting. He hires a venue and supporting acts and spends money on staging a production. This may be his own or borrowed money, which he will have to repay anyway.

He sells tickets in the hope that enough people will attend to cover the cost of putting up the production. If the artist is good, more people will attend and hopefully the show may be extended. The longer the show runs, the more profit there is to be made after paying the artists and the production people.

If the show flops, he still needs to pay the salaries of the people involved and cost of production, the venue etc. In business it is exactly the same. That is the risk that you take as an entrepreneur.

Thanks
    As such franchisees then entrepreneurs as they take a financial risk. ..

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

BOVER Technologies
    - computer sales and TeamViewer support
    Elmine Botha Freelance Photographer - Photographer/ Videographer

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    @Dave - agreed - so there is no clear definition.

1. is a lady of the night who makes a good income an enterprenuer (she clearly creates her own business)?
    2. is a guy who manages many ladies of the night an enterprenuer?
    3. same goes for drug dealers...

The problem lies in the definition, methinks that there are many forms of entreprenuership then, some legal and some not.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismine View Post
    As such franchisees then entrepreneurs as they take a financial risk. ..

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2
    I do not want to run down any franchise as they provide an excellent stepping stone for someone to get into his/her own business. Mostly good systems and training and everything structured along a proven recipe. A much safer option than venturing into that abyss on your own. Many franchisees learn from the franchisor and then start another venture on their own.

When I fired my boss I also considered buying a franchise. After considering many, I came to the conclusion that it would restrict and frustrate me even more than the job I had at the time. You have to conform to the rules and it allows very little room for innovation. One has to first look at the type of person you are before venturing into something where you are told what to do and when to do it.

Suspended
    Thanks
    That's the way the traditional mlm and network marketing companies operate.You get an Intro pack,training and products,meetings,phone prospects...exc
    However,in today's world,its a different ballgame.You do everything with your computer.This is called internet marketing.
    Here's a fact:network marketing and internet marketing has produced the most millionaires in any industry.And is highly recommended by Donald Trump and Robert Kiyosaki.I think i'll take a slice of that cake.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by anthuwin View Post
    That's the way the traditional mlm and network marketing companies operate.You get an Intro pack,training and products,meetings,phone prospects...exc
    However,in today's world,its a different ballgame.You do everything with your computer.This is called internet marketing.
    Here's a fact:network marketing and internet marketing has produced the most millionaires in any industry.And is highly recommended by Donald Trump and Robert Kiyosaki.I think i'll take a slice of that cake.
    Please don't spam me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast