Thread: Looking for established South African business-related blogs

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Looking for established South African business-related blogs

I'm trying to establish relationships with South African business and (online) marketing related blogs.

Does anybody know of such blogs and/or people running those blogs? I'm really looking for people who write regularly (not once every 6 months) and are passionate about the topics they write on.

If you run such a blog, drop me a PM and let me know if there's anything I can help promote. Perhaps you have a recent post that I feel my followers would enjoy.

I'm also looking for people who are interested in writing guest posts for Red Giant's blog (now that it's well established). Only high quality, unique, industry-related posts will be considered. If you've written for international sites, that's a bonus.

Having done a pretty extensive search, I'm really struggling to find South African bloggers/writers with the same dedication to writing/marketing as I feel I have. It would be extremely refreshing to find South African blogs which are in a similar position to my own. I always prefer to share great local content than the stuff coming from international sites.

Really hope somebody can surprise me here.

Thanks
    Mike Said used to write one for restaurants I am not sure if he is going to carry on this year with it.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

3. Thanks given for this post:

Mark Atkinson (22-Jan-13)

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Hi Mark

www.stafftraining.co.za blog approximately 20 times per month and write articles for SkillsPortal, Women24, Fin24 and a few others. We have a full time social media marketer, he is always looking for partnerships. I will PM you hi email.
    Regards

Debbie
    debbie@stafftraining.co.za

From reception to management training, assertiveness, accountability or interviewing skills, we have a wide range of training workshops available for you!
    www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

5. Thanks given for this post:

Mark Atkinson (05-Feb-13)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Atkinson View Post
    I'm really looking for people who write regularly (not once every 6 months) and are passionate about the topics they write on.
    Yes! you need passion. Because this is a bit like wading around in sticky toffee

I am a lot better with ideas than I am at writing. Which is why this is all taking so long. But I do almost have workshop that is stirring into some semblance of life. There are writers who will write. They do however need an incentive. There are also writers that will write for free. But only if we provide them with the tools they need and an incentive to do so.

So this is the challenge.

The writers that are already out there and who are writing successfully, don't need us. It works for them, their time is limited and there is no incentive to share.

And as I have said the challenge we face is to grow a resource from scratch.

Thanks
    I have recently started my own blog. You are welcome to check it out and comment.