Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Internet connectivity in South Africa

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stephanfx View Post
    I must say that this does not bode well for their service delivery. If one can not meet a launch date, then what can be expected of ones services, never mind the support :P
    That's a bit unfair. Most of the delays have been due to things out of their control, namely ICASA and Minister Ivy. There has been much dragging of feet, and Neotel are losing out as a result. Their possible competitive advantage is constantly being eroded by Telkom and the wireless operators. They are operating AFAIK, but just not for residential customers yet.

Check out http://www.neotel.co.za
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Ok guys.
    I guess its called for me to give you a quick run down of this:

SNO/ Neotel is comprised of multiple coporations that are built together to become the next service provider. They were licensed a while ago by ICASA so ICASA delayed them but they are not the hold up now.

SNO has been hard at work gaining the corporate clients. We talking about Massive coporates as well as building their so called anchor clients. They are out there already they just havent opened up market for the end user and small businesses.
    I have been very involved in the Telecoms movement and worked on quite a bit. Not to mention im the IRC master for myadsl.co.za. (run the channel for them)

All this info has been posted on myadsl.co.za website. and is available to all to visit and view it.
    Wellinformed.co.za - Networking Forums SA partner site. Let's support each other for a better South Africa.

Thanks
    Unfair, maybe a bit, it is just that the other companies (Telkom) set a deadline for 1 August and they meet that deadline, and this is from ICASA ( the approval of new prices). Is there then not a way to support neotel to come to the table earlier, so that the rest of us might be able to benefit somewhat from their existence?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy_inc View Post
    All this info has been posted on myadsl.co.za website. and is available to all to visit and view it.
    But we were having so much fun in this thread
    Kinda the short version

Thanks
    If you have a look at Neotel's FAQ, they should be rolling out a residential trial this month.

They had to wait for all the approvals, but now they are busy building the back bone and, as Snoopy pointed out, bringing on their large customers first. Unfortunately it does just take time.
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Thanks
    okay, sorry Neotel, I just do not want a Telkom line in my life again. My impatience is a negative attribute of my personality, but sometimes it gets the job done just a bit faster I will wait for them and see what they offer.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Can i tell you something.... Saying you want to move from telkom is like saying you want to cut your air for a short of breath each day.

Let me explain:

Neotel will not go into a price war with Telkom so you wont get better pricing for starters.... secondly they will pull up their pants when neotel really becomes the competition and when that happens im staying with telkom... they have the infrastructure and the setup already. Maybe in 5 years time or so when they both have similar structures etc then i will look at both as options..... just saying you going to move to neotel cause telkom sucks wont help you and is a very short sighted statment.
    Wellinformed.co.za - Networking Forums SA partner site. Let's support each other for a better South Africa.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This is a bit like the SAA vs Kalula.com debate.

Someone has to support the underdog if your ever going to stop the big bully from doing whatever it likes.

Thanks
    That is exactly what I am, an underdog supporter, except when the Bulls are the underdogs, then I might NOT support the underdogs

Email problem RKS Computer Solutions's Avatar
    Thanks
    Snoopy, are you being paid by Telkom to talk good about them? Have you been living in the dark ages? Have you not read a single one of my posts regarding what Telkom is doing to this country?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast