Thread: Wife logic

Diamond Member
    Thanks

Wife logic

So when the wife comes to you and goes "I have a problem, blah blah blad....do you think I should do A or do you think I should do B"
    you think about it and say "Well I think you should do A"
    she then goes "No, A is no good, maybe I should do B"
    then you go "Ok, then you should do B"
    then she goes "No thats also no good she thinks that she should do C"
    then you go "Do whatever the f*ck you want"
    then she's cross with you for a week.

Now, when you go to her and say "I have a problem, should I buy a V8 or a superbike"
    she goes "Do whatever the f*ck you want"
    ....and you buy the bike then she doesn't speak to you until you return it...

It seems to me that the phrase "Do whatever the f*ck you want" means "Do whatever the f*ck you want because I really don't care one way or another" to a man
    and "I am going to be cross no matter what you say or do because this matter is very very important to me" to a woman

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    So when the wife comes to you and goes "I have a problem, blah blah blad....do you think I should do A or do you think I should do B"
    For the record, the correct answer is "Tough one. I can see why you're struggling to choose. I'll support you which ever way you want to go."
    Followed with a hug and a kiss, you might even get lucky

And then ask her the V8 or superbike question only after she's made up her mind

Thanks
    Adrian, are you sure you were talking to YOUR wife? For a moment I thought you were talking to mine! I have been married to the same woman for 38 years. I will never understand her way of thinking. Never. And before the girls on the forum give me uphill, I know we men are not perfect but usually we think about something and visualise the pros & cons and maybe then discuss it with the wife. It seems that no matter what case we present to them, they make up their mind based on emotion and not on sensible thinking. And when you get them in a corner, they ALWAYS respond with a "do whatever the f you like" attitude. So my friend, buy what you think is best. Don't discuss it before you buy it. Whatever the consequences, they soon fade and don't affect the relationship permanently. She'll get over it. Unless of course you do something that not only she would disapprove of but everybody else as well....

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Women like men who are firm with their decisions and dont reply with a yes honey what ever you want. Bowing down and giving responses just to please, is not the way to go. Coming from a person who spent 12 years doing this with my first wife, she divorced me, no surprise. I still respond with a yes whatever you want on occasion, but normally tell it as it is, yes the jeans do make you look fat, because of all that cholate you loaded into your mouth, maybe you should try eat a little less and excersize, They get over it. It would be interesting to hear a response from a female member.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Marriage is exactly like religion - you have to accept that many things are totally illogical and should not be questioned - even though you know that they are totally absurd.

6. Thanks given for this post:

wynn (14-Jan-13)