Hi

I bought a car that was in an accident and what it needed was a chassis straighting and pulling the fire wall frontwards and a full respray.

the panelbeeter i used went and had a look at the car and gave a price which we agreed upon and when he took the car he had it jacked up and saw the floor need pulling and he put a extra price on that. which i had no problem with . the material to be used was agreed that it is incl in the price given. I wanted a pearl paint which i didn't even get and the paint on the car is not even the original paint colour.

Well the job was done in jully or august 2012 will have to check for the receipt for a date as that was the date i paid for the job.

In december 2012 not even 6 months later the paint has some cracks on the roof and i show it to the panelbeeter. Now you must know that where i bought the car it was worked on before so prep was done praypainting including a patch on the roof which was primed. he tells me that he thought it would be a problem. something he never told me before spraying the car.

Ok a day goes by and i think it over and decide that if he didn't prep properly for spraying and he didn't inform me than its his fault and he must fix it.Might be wrong, but its common sense.

so i phone him and tell him about my feelings, but one thing led to another and he droped the phone. and i then tell him that the paint is cracking somewhere els on the roof and on the boot lid as well

So my question is, is it possible to pursue the problem with the consumer act or not?

Must i just live with the fact that i paid him to do a service and he didn't do proper work and i will have to pay to redo it?

Thanks in advance