Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Panelbeater and spraypainting ?????

Thanks
    I have an issue with a panelshop and require some advice:-

I had purchased a Mercedes in 2010 with trolley dings on both both front fenders, a faded boot lid and some rust in the soft top well. In feb 2010,

I had received a verbal quote of R20k to strip, repair, paint and reassemble. On going through to collect the vehicle at the end of April 2010, I found that the vehicle was not stripped (as agreed), the windscreen and hardtop were still in place when car was painted. There was primer visible, poor masking/painting of the rims and wheel arches, paint sinkage. The job would have to be redone and the panelbeater refuses to rectify.

I had appointed a reputable Motor Assessing Company to assess the quality of the work, and have the report confirming the same. I have tried different attorneys to recover my vehicle, and somehow the matter falls by the wayside. I have lodged a dispute via the National Consumer Tribunal, and have not received a response/acknowledment as yet.

Your advice please
    I am at wits end iro the recovery of my car.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    A 2010 Mercedes with a faded boot lid and some rust??? this vehicle has been in a prang before. When it was fixed/repaired,it does not appear that it was sorted by a professional outfit. All this prior to your purchasing it.

Under correction, it would appear that you would have to solicit the assistance of an attorney & demand that the vehicle be released to you to have fixed as it would have been if done as discussed and any moneys remaining after payment to new panel beater (from the R20 000 original quote) to be paid over. this could be mediated.

Failing cooperation, i would instruct the attorney to apply to the courts to have the vehicle released to yourself.

3. Thanks given for this post:

anon (08-Apr-13)

Thanks
    A point of clarity:-

The vehicle is a sports model of 1982 vintage.

The vehicle has not been in an accident before.

As mentioned in my previous post, I have expended monies on attorneys, to secure the releae of the vehicle and am currently no closer than I was about 3 years ago.

How do I go about applying for an order (?) to restore my possession of the vehicle.

1) There has been NO written quote on the scope of the vehicle repairs or cost.

2) The vehicle is deteriorating/depreciating whilst I am trying to get a an attorney to compel a court to have the vehicle released to me.

3) The area of jurisdiction is Pretoria

thanking you in advance,

Silver Member
    Thanks
    My apologies,Anon. i took it incorrectly as a 2010 model.

Thanks
    Can any of you legal eagles please asasist me with a list of reliable attorneys in the Pretoria area that I may contact iro the above.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.