When you contact the durban electricity department and indicate there was a dip or surge in power they send out bunch of "electricians" with duspol testers, and when you ask what they found, the reply is always the same, there is 400/230 on the line, and off they go, real proffessional for such a big organisation., i wont even start with the faults and service.

The best one recently, pre paid meters, they make up a new law that owners are now liable for electricty accounts, so the owners apply for pre paid meters, oooops 6 months waiting list and the account must be settled by the owner before they will even consider accepting the application, so be warned if you account is not up to date the day the application is due for consideration, make sure your account is up to date otherwise you have to reapply and wait 6 months again. I just learnt this the hard way, doing it for one of my customers. The payment was 1 week late, it set the whole prccess 6 months back again. Dont say you havent been warned

Thats not all, they will not contact you to tell you your account is in the arrears, you will have to contact them every day to make sure there is not a problem. they told me it is my responsiblity to follow up eeeiiish anyone who has tried to deal with ethikweni electricity department will know what i am talking about and why the headbanger.