Thread: Setting up a fluorescent manufacturing workshop

Email problem
    Thanks

Setting up a fluorescent manufacturing workshop

Dear all , compliment of the new season . I want to set up a small manufacturing workshop in Gaborone , Botswana. । want to manufacture single and double (.6m,1.2m,1.5m) fluorescent channels and also 0.6mx1.2m/.06m recess and surface LBR/D-Parabolic fittings . I want to manufacture for the local needs not for exporting , at least at the moment . Also I don't want to go for high-tech CNC plasma cutter machine for now . Please if you can help and source to get necessary set ups from South Africa and the approx. budget for that . Thanks in advance .

Thanks
    Hi Union, welcome to the forum.

It's like deja vu.

You asked this question on another forum and I gave you some input but you never gave answers about the manufacturing volume you hope to achieve. I assume if you don't want to go CNC plasma/laser then it will be low volume manually operated guillotine, benders and punch.

Are you looking to manufacture completely in-house or would you be looking at outsourcing certain processes such as paint/powder coatings and extrusions for the parabolic optics etc?

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    Hi Union, welcome to the forum.

It's like deja vu.

You asked this question on another forum and I gave you some input but you never gave answers about the manufacturing volume you hope to achieve. I assume if you don't want to go CNC plasma/laser then it will be low volume manually operated guillotine, benders and punch.

Are you looking to manufacture completely in-house or would you be looking at outsourcing certain processes such as paint/powder coatings and extrusions for the parabolic optics etc?
    Hello Andy , thanks a lot for your welcoming note . Yes, it is a deja vu . Sorry for the short-information . As I was mentioning that I want to meet the local market , in a medium-scale , for now , . In that way , your guess is right . I want the operation as follows :

01- Outsourcing/procuring steel sheets .
    02- Cutting , bending , punching and shaping in-house.
    03-Powder coating in-house .
    04- Outsourcing/procuring ballasts , holders , starters , wires , optic reflectors etc.
    05-Assembling them in the factory.

I want to spend about R1,50,000-00-R2,00,000 for this installation now .

Thanks
    Your budget of ZAR 150-200K is well short of the mark if you're hoping for new equipment. Even at auction prices for second hand machines you'll need a bigger budget than this. Have you defined your precise manufacturing processes? Do you have prototypes of your final products? Have you done your marketb research and made estimates of unit output numbers for each product?

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    Your budget of ZAR 150-200K is well short of the mark if you're hoping for new equipment. Even at auction prices for second hand machines you'll need a bigger budget than this. Have you defined your precise manufacturing processes? Do you have prototypes of your final products? Have you done your marketb research and made estimates of unit output numbers for each product?
    Hmm! Money talks . Anyway , let me do some home-works and try to establish a fact sheet . Thanks a lot Andy for all your time and advices .