Thread: John McAfee???

Thanks

John McAfee???

What is it about certain rich and famous individuals and run ins with the law?
    I see the antivirus 'McAfee is still doing well, it's still up and running etc. What about the man behind this product? What is the true story here? A millionaire on the run!

see http://business.time.com/2012/12/16/...f-john-mcafee/
    "It was barely 6:30 a.m. on Dec. 8 when John McAfee, 67, the eccentric U.S. software pioneer wanted for questioning in the slaying of his neighbor in Belize, called me from the Guatemalan detention center where he was being detained for illegally crossing the border. “I’m sorry if I’m not making much sense,” he said. “I just woke up, but I want to talk.” The former Silicon Valley millionaire said, “There’s not that much to do here. I’m kind of bored.”
    Just over 36 hours had elapsed since McAfee’s last interaction with the media. At that time, he was being carried into a Guatemalan hospital on a stretcher. His lawyer claimed McAfee had suffered two heart attacks. (On Wednesday Dec. 12, McAfee–by then in Miami–acknowledged faking the incident to buy time to appeal Guatemala’s efforts to deport him.)

Read more: http://business.time.com/2012/12/16/guatemala-dispatch-inside-the-stranger-than-fiction-saga-of-john-mcafee/#ixzz2GHFka3jM"
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    I don't know why he'd want to fight deportation, he's going to catch something nasty in a Guatamalan jail.....like a virus.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I don't get rich people, if it was me I would own a nice property in Texas. My house will be build like a zombie proof bomb-shelter and I would have my own private shooting range and own lots of nice new weapons... I would work on my nice car and just live a nice life... But no... they get involve with the wrong stuff do the wrong things and then have to spend there money in trying to avoid prison only to end up broke and sad...
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Go figure! I can't seem to get my head around this one. His company is clearly still doing very well, but all that millions is giving him no peace of mind!
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    One of the best explanations I've ever heard about the different ways people respond to becoming wealthy is

Money doesn't change you - it just makes you more of what you are already.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    What you said is very true. Another thought; you can't buy class.

I know a family who became very wealthy overnight. The husband was was a self-centred ahole before they came into the money and now he is just a bigger one. The built onto their house turning it into a palace, in amongst all the other mid sized houses. Although the house is huge, my entire house can fit inside one of the lounges, the finishes are really bad. It is as if they built a palace from the cheapest materials available.

It is as if they simply now have more and bigger of what they are used to, but not better quality or stylish in any way.