Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hirsch's

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    the new convection microwaveone purchased last month, took it back this morning, was told the motor is faulty, so they replaced the whole unit, no problem, got home unpacked the brand new one it has a sizable dent, so we have to go all the way back again. The box in good condition and it doesnt look like it has been hit, Clearly Defy is not doing any quality control checks on their products. The last microwave rusted inside and they had to replace the inner shell, they did it with out a problem, but what is going on, i have had defy product which have lasted 10- 20 years.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Well, the manager of the CT branch called, pleasant enough chap - but I end up still feeling short changed. Basically you drive 60km to a shop, spend R3000 and find if you had been there on the 15th you would have saved 15% and on the 17th you would save 17%. But of course this is not advertised on the website, so I go on the 16th and get squat. Because of that and a few other niggles I probably won't go back.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Blaming the store that sold a bum product is not really the right answer. The store is after all selling in good faith a product not manufactured by them. What gives the brownies, is how an issue is handled when it arises.

The fact that you traveled 60Km to buy it is really your problem. The point could be raised - well why did you not open the box, and inspect the unit before you loaded it onto your vehicle?

At HiFi corporation at a shopping centre close to me, opens every single boxed appliance they sell, to ensure that there are no dings, scratches or cracked glass/screens what ever. They probably have experienced what you have described here.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Clearly quality is not what it used to be and no-one cares. When we got married we bought a 2nd hand Frigidaire from a friend. Years later he bought it back from us (now painted a bright orange) and still had it 20 years later.

Our own experience with a Defy fridge was good (also about 20 years) and when we decided to replace it, it was because we could no longer get door seals or other spares such as shelves etc. I was told by a reputable dealer that the average life span of a fridge is now 3-5 years and that they do not keep spares for longer than that.

Sadly, the upgrade to a new Defy was actually a downgrade as the new fridge was built with much lower quality materials and appeared to be flimsy in comparison. The first one was replaced after 6 months and the replacement has been running without any problems for 5 years now. I still want to buy local, but these guys are making it very hard to support them if they don't care about quality.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    Blaming the store that sold a bum product is not really the right answer. The store is after all selling in good faith a product not manufactured by them. What gives the brownies, is how an issue is handled when it arises.

The fact that you traveled 60Km to buy it is really your problem. The point could be raised - well why did you not open the box, and inspect the unit before you loaded it onto your vehicle?

At HiFi corporation at a shopping centre close to me, opens every single boxed appliance they sell, to ensure that there are no dings, scratches or cracked glass/screens what ever. They probably have experienced what you have described here.
    You do realise that IANS and PAP_SAK are two different people??

My main issue is that they had a sale the day before and day after we visited, but did not advertise it on their website.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    and can you believe it, but my wife WON a fridge on the 2nd. A competition with Savanna at out local liquor shop. That fridge is now in my shop.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I agree, that the store is not responsible , however, it is a little disappointing when you have to repack and make the journey back to the store, for a silly thing like a scratch, considering we paid R250 for delivery, the first time.

Nothing to do with hirschs...

I purchase a triton router, the 2400 watt unit, best under table router i have bought to date, when it comes to ease of use, changing router bits etc, was over the moon with the product, i used it 6 times and the whole machine dropped and would not wind back up again, I had followed instructions and taken the spring out as indicated, so i took it back to builder express where i purchased it from, no problem they replaced the unit, but before i took it, i requested they remove it from the box so that i could check the machine, before i left the store, tried to fit a router bit, but the pin wouldnt hold the shaft, so we had to go thru the boxes until we found one which was in working condition, this is sad considering the stuff comes all the way from down under. You would think a little quality control before it left the factory. If you have ever packed fruit, you would have noticed that all export product of of the best quality, and the stuff which stays in SA is the left overs, maybe that how all the companies think, send the junk to africa or dont worry about quality control in africa, people will just accept any kak sold to them.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Kudos on the prize
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    I have been buying a lot of my appliances from Hirsch in the last couple of years. My fridge, washing machine and tumble dryer are all from there. They give you the option of better quality and have a larger variety of makes. I have always been very happy. There was some problem with the fridge, I can't even remember what and they replaced it the next day.
    Sometimes the only transport available is a leap of faith

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Am looking to buy an air-con for my bedroom (replace a window/wall unit). Checked with Samsung this week. they quote me for a model. I take down the model number. I now check with Hirsch. They quote me about R500 more. I ask for the model number & theirs (hirsch's) ends with a PN and not QN as was Samsung. I ask why the difference in model numbers.I am told that the one that they (Hirsch) have is the newer model.

i enquire of Samsung again to discover that I was lied to by Hirsch. The one they have, that is Hirsch, is the discontinued model!!!
    Last edited by flaker; 11-Jan-13 at 04:06 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.