Thread: Contract of Employment and Processes

Email problem
    Thanks

Contract of Employment and Processes

You open a new business, you want to employ a few people but you are not sure about the Labour Laws in South Africa, you need to know if your employees will work through a bargaining council when having disputes or will your disputes being resolved by the ccma.
    All newly appointed employees must get a contact of employment, after the probation period you may give them a letter of appointment as well. From day 1 it is very important to give each employee a complete job description, explaining what it is what you expect from the employee.
    If the employee fails to comply with your requirements you still need to do an employee performance assessment with him, trying to bring him/her to the standard you request, you cannot just dismiss a person without having proof that you tried to help the hapless employee.
    Always be fair, when you need to give a warning to that, when the employee refuse to sign get a witness to sign with you, indicating that the employee refuse to sign the warning. After each warning has a consultation process with the employee explaining to him what it is he/she has done wrong and give corrective measures with that
    After three warnings you may have a disciplinary enquiry, it all depends on the misconduct before you decide on a sanction should the verdict be guilty. Give the employee enough time to prepare, allow representation and always give the employee a chance to state his case, best practice is never to give a verdict immediately after a hearing, adjourn the hearing and go think it through before deciding on a sanction.
    Always give your sanction in writing, give the employee a copy of the minutes of the hearing, explain he/she has the right to appeal and if needed have an appeal hearing when the sanction was dismissal
    The above in short in short a description of how strict labour laws have become, if you do not have the time to follow all these rules and regulations you get someone like us to handle all your labour related matters.
    Last edited by Dave A; 06-Dec-12 at 06:12 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    This all sounds great, if you have a large company, and have an HR department to handle all this, however if you are a one man band, then this is a huge mountain of unpaid, non profit work. There is no time to indulge in all the right procedures, by the time you have done all this, you might as well close your door, as you have produced nothing, made no income, but still have the expenses to contend with.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Email problem
    Thanks
    Well my friend it just shows me that more people like you should visit our website http://nhlralabour.co.za we do all the above for you at a minimal fee of a R100.00 a month
    Before you comment any further please have a look at the services page of our website, most people will say this is impossible but keep in mind when services are mostly internet driven it is possible to do it, if employers just listen they will never suffer any damages at the CCMA

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Hi Labourgure,
    You refer to Richardsbay area, how would you represent companies in Jhb, Durban or even Cape Town?
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    Hi Labourgure,
    You refer to Richardsbay area, how would you represent companies in Jhb, Durban or even Cape Town?
    Hi Justloadit

My service is mostly internet driven, i supply all the contracts, warnings and advice for you via e mail or you can call me, i guarantee that if you follow the procedures given to you, you will not end up at the CCMA, biggest mistake employers make is to dismiss an employee on the spot, better suspend the employee give me a call and i will tell you what to do, if i when we get to a CCMA matter i can always get someone to assist you, in my all my years doing this my employers never ever lost a case, it is all about procedures procedures procedures.

Keep well