Thread: Afordable Home Automation

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Afordable Home Automation

As electricians did any of you worked on home automation systems?
    What was your experience with these systems?
    What was your likes / dislikes of these systems?

I had been working in the home automation industry for some time now, But I found all the systems available are overly priced and not providing me what I would like if I install it in my own house.I have been working on a system and I think I close to a workable solution.

I am planing to use conventional electrical wiring and a decentralized system. 1 controller controlling 1 or 2 rooms(arias) which include relay switching /
    AC dimming / led dimming / sensor readings / light and temp reading/ IR control for av equipment and all controllable from keypads or PC Tablet and most smartphones.(The system is optically isolated from relays ext.)Also planing voice recognition and rf tag reader addons.

I want a simple wiring system that electricians understand to make installations quicker and easier.I found most of the other centralized automation system
    confuses a lot of electricians especially when installing for the first time.I prefer hardwiring to wireless solutions but might implement limited solutions later.

I want to control relays wired in place or with a conventional switch to control the load.This will be just a 12V DC source triggering the relay or contractor.
    Using the same controller I can also run dimmers ac or LED(12 led bulbs or strips).

Do any of you know if I can run cable for 12v dc with the ac cabling in the same condute ?
    What can I do to make the product trustworthy = ie SABS certification (are there other organizations doing similar test?)

I would appreciate any thoughts and suggestions or Information

Thanks
    Last edited by Dave A; 04-Dec-12 at 07:07 AM.