Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Too many cables in conduit

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GCE View Post
    Hi

I agree that we need to share knowledge and thereby try and uplift the quality of workmanship.
    My feeling is that you can only change things from within and not from the outside.

I chose to get involved within the ECA and try and see if I can make things work the way I would like to see them work.
    I chose to try and get involved with the training and advice side and hopefully get to see contractors follow the advice given.
    If can help one contractor to stand stronger on his own feet then I feel that I have won a little Battle , and hopefully eventually win the War

The more ECA members that try win little battles the more chance we have of winning the war

You talk of a place for contractors to get together and discuss ways to heal the industry - The place is there , ECA , we just need more involvement from the experienced contractors to share their knowledge.
    I dont agree...i was a member of the ECA for more than 10 years...cant say it was any benefit to my small business...one of the reason i joined was to be part of the CYA group...and that was pretty much all i got from it ...and a few free beers at the meetings.

The industry needs more people who are have a passion for the job...not a sticker on the van indicating they below to certain groups...which they use to cover up the crap workmanship...that hand of safety is a joke.

The industry needs responsible inspectors who carry out their work to the standard...not the customers budget or relationship to the customer (this is becoming a huge problem in the industry) the inspectors should have a point system which works against or for them...credits for courses and training and crosses for bad inspections...random inspectors should be used to do follow up checks on inspections completed.

We live in a third world country.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    If you wanna see how bad the industry has got...go to a sans refresher course....you dont even need to go to site.

Just to put you in the picture...i use to be that guy...who spent my life taking pics...writing reports and sending them to Brian who was the "technical guy" at the Durban ECA...i could just imagine the look on his face every morning he opened his PC and saw my emails...the crap workmanship got the better.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234