Thread: CCTV

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Diamond Member
    Thanks

CCTV

I have cameras setup around the house linked to a DVR which i use for testing and experimenting.

The cameras are setup to record for 30 days. Someone swiped my weed eater, so i decided to go back and analyse the footage to see if i could see when it was taken and by who. It is not something you can put in a bag and walk out with, however if you plan it right you could take it out during the day and chuck it over the fence and come back later to collect, inside job.

This is were it got interesting, i found one of the cameras have been switching off randomly, i presume because of the 230 000 volt line i have adjacent to my property, i also found that because of the camera quality and the positioning it doesnt actually serve as a security backup, you buy cheap you get junk.

The other camera is a good quality colour IR unit, but because of the setup it also very time consuming trying to view old recording, around 1 hr 15 minutes per day at x 16, so i had a look at events and monitoring, also an issue because i had all the pixels on the screen active, which i have since modified, but still have issues because of the trees, shadow from the sun which moves across the screen as the day progresses and at night there are just tooo many bugs.

So for inside monitoring great, outside eeeish you either need someone with lots of time to play back and watch or you gona waste alot of time.
    Last edited by ians; 30-Nov-12 at 07:16 AM.