Thread: 'Bandieta' and the 'Monkeypality'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

'Bandieta' and the 'Monkeypality'

About two weeks ago I observed a large number of prison inmates in bright orange uniforms cleaning up the road between the EL airport and town (the cleanup preceded a visit from an ANC bigwig) and it got me thinking.

Here is a vast pool of labor that actually owes society a debt other than sitting in a prison, all the non violent offenders should be offered the opportunity of paying back that debt and at the same time reducing the length of their sentence.

Say I have been sentenced to five years for fraud, I volunteer to work time off, I could reduce my sentence by say half and be out in 2.5 years, calculate the usual reductions, I could be out in 1.5 years for good behavior etc.

So beside costing the taxpayer less because of my shortened sentence I actually contribute something to society.

Type of labor would be grass cutting, verge maintenance, pothole filling, bush clearing, litter collection, general maintenance such as painting sign posts etc. you know the stuff the 'Monkeypalities' are supposed to do that they claim they have no funds to execute?

Once I volunteer, I would be moved from prison to a hostel near a central yard where the work teams would be ferried to the sites, after a set while I would conditionally get weekends off once or twice a month to visit my family.
    That way prisons would be reserved for hard core offenders?
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    I always believe that some men are imprisoned wrongly.. IE frame ups and other things, yet they take it and still serve time.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The only problem is: You have thieves running the mmonkeypalities anyway.
    ~Anything or anyone who does not bring you alive, is too small for you~ Carina
    ~The moment you think you know it all, is the moment you know nothing~ Carina
    twitter: @DarkAngelYaya - Blogger: The Common Garden Variety Goddess - darkangelcarina@gmail.com

One Google Page Result away from being Famous

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.