Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Youth unemployment crisis

Why SA youth in unemployment crisis.

Try to guess why before you look.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Some people learn when they can, others when they have to, and some will just never learn.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Many would refuse jobs they did not consider ideal, rather than gaining work experience which would help them to secure such jobs later on.
    The attitude of some employees were they just have to show up to get paid gets to me. I intend to stick to a small workforce as managing people with an entitlement to job attitude riles me.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Silver Member
    Thanks
    I think on the whole kids are more spoilt than when I was growing up - I am talking whites kids. Most of my friends had weekend jobs - at one stage I actually had 3 jobs (paper round in the morning, Dions cashier on the weekends and waiter a couple of nights) this was when I was 15 but started "earning" when I was 11 -12 or so pushing trollies then moved "up" to a paper round. By the time I got to matric I was "running" the loading area for Penny Pinchers on weekends and holidays.

Now you find very few scholars with jobs - a friend of mine had a pizza place and could not find guys that wanted to deliver pizza's on the weekend and a local Spur often could not get weekend waiters.

Thanks
    True pap_sak

I'm 27 years old and had to work when I was 14 to learn the value of money, so I worked at SPAR packing bags and been working ever since. I credit where am I today because of working at a young age, but also education back then was better
    You miss 100% of the chances you never take

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafael View Post
    True pap_sak

I'm 27 years old and had to work when I was 14 to learn the value of money, so I worked at SPAR packing bags and been working ever since. I credit where am I today because of working at a young age, but also education back then was better
    I also come from a generation where you had to work for your pocket money. Even if it was to wash the family car or work in the garden. Today it is seen as uncool and below our status. You can also be prosecuted for "child labour" practices.

It is not a secret that those that worked at a young age better understand the value of money and are more successful that those that did not work, but preferred to sit at home. It all boils down to attitude.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Ag I am actually so over this topic... The reality is I started out working for free just to get experience then I got shot down because I didn't have the qualifications. I got qualified and then lost it all because I trusted my boss. Second time around I got kicked in the balls for working to hard as this was seen as sucking up to the boss.

Then I opened a business and got closed down again due to more personal reasons. After that I tried again with training and everything and lost my contract for doing my job... (I had to write a report and the big bosses got angry because it reflected bad safety on there behalf. I was fired the next day tanks to labour brokers... They don't need to give reasons)

So what is wrong? I don't know but I can tell you this Hard work, dedication, qualifications and experience counts for nothing.

It is who you know... If you are connected you are successful. If not your life will become a waste of time and effort.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    The masses must stop having so many children. Work oppertunities will continue to diminish due to mechanization yet the population is growing exponentially.

The country should have a new motto: F_CK less, work more.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    The masses must stop having so many children. Work oppertunities will continue to diminish due to mechanization yet the population is growing exponentially.

The country should have a new motto: F_CK less, work more.
    My next door neighbour have 7 children 3 of his oldest have 1 to 2 children each all living in the same house. Now how many jobs will they need to support a family of that size?

All of them have shiny new cars and nice new phones dress in brand-name clothing. .. House is getting extended again to accommodate everyone.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    I don't really mind how big the family is so long as you have the funds and inclination to care for them and not expect the state to do the job. My wife's family certainly where not well off, but always had food on the table and where pushed to do well at school. All three (girls) did 3 year degrees/B.Techs in the required three years with student loans.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast