Poll: What should Call Centres play while you hold on for the next available operator?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We are currently experiencing high call volumes - *elevator music*

Thanks
    Blog Entries

We are currently experiencing high call volumes - *elevator music*

Standard Bank Insurance Limited has ONE Call Centre number.
    Yesterday, I held on for two hours, and I hear that bloody elevator music everywhere now.
    Today, I held the line for another hour, and again, another hour. (My phone battery died).
    The claim was registered, I got an authorization code, last week already...
    But: The assessors can get to the property in Jan 2013, the insurance contractor in March 2013; which would have been OK if I wasn't staring straight up at thunder and lightning in the nightsky and getting soaking wet - on my couch.
    All I'm asking is the yay or nay for a quote I have submitted.
    Yay would mean a dry couch and no more antibiotics.
    Nay would mean several rolls of duct tape.
    Now is that too much too ask?
    ~Anything or anyone who does not bring you alive, is too small for you~ Carina
    ~The moment you think you know it all, is the moment you know nothing~ Carina
    twitter: @DarkAngelYaya - Blogger: The Common Garden Variety Goddess - darkangelcarina@gmail.com

One Google Page Result away from being Famous

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Glad to see i am not the only fool fighting with insurnce companies, to think i was considering moving to standard bank property insurnace, because my bond is with them and they are insisting i have property insurance. They keep threatening that if i dont provide them with a policy number they will add an insurance installment to my bond.

By the way they shouldnt play any music they should answer the damn phone.

3. Thanks given for this post:

Plumbing Supplies (14-Nov-12)

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    I was a client of SBIB for approx 18 years and in recent years experienced less than satisfactory service. Took my business away and gave it to a local Brokerelse and would encourage others to do the same. I now have one person to assist me, who has a name and a face and is available when I need them. Claims are dealt with immeadiately as they hold a mandate to deal with these in-house. Costs only a little more than SBIB but more than worth it. No more Call Centres listening to music and being subjected to people who really dont give a damn and whom it is impossible to hold accountable for their lack of action. And forget about getting through to any sort of management, you can't find them.

5. Thanks given for this post:

Darkangelyaya (14-Nov-12)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Call centres .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........................you have to be a real patient person when dealing with them, but when you think about it, all they are doing is using the goverment and municipal approuch to service. they just dont care. You gona go somewhere else, to join another que.

Armed response, cellphone, goverment, bank call centres they all fall in the same category, 45 min + response time.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    If you have to deal with a business via a call centre they may just not be worth dealing with. I want a face and a name so that someone can take accountability for their product/service or whatever.

Many call centres have started due to centralisation of power and decision making. The branches of banks for instance can make no decisions, but have to refer everything to head office. Of course head office can not deal with the volumes, hence the need for call centres. The problem is that the people at the call centre knows nothing about banking and can only give you the generic answers. There is no problem solving, solutions or any expertise, as they have only been trained to answer the phone (some times they don't even do that).
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

8. Thanks given for this post:

Darkangelyaya (14-Nov-12)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ians View Post
    Call centres .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........................you have to be a real patient person when dealing with them, but when you think about it, all they are doing is using the goverment and municipal approuch to service. they just dont care. You gona go somewhere else, to join another que.

Armed response, cellphone, goverment, bank call centres they all fall in the same category, 45 min + response time.

Yeah, on the Council note - Watch this:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12110043.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	3027
    For those who don't know - THIS IS NOT THE WAY TO FELL A TREE - But it's a good way to get killed.
    (This is what our money is paying for - and the R12mill upgrade to a recreational area, for a ONE-NIGHT political party next year.)
    twitter: @DarkAngelYaya - Blogger: The Common Garden Variety Goddess - darkangelcarina@gmail.com

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    How about they give a menu of "on hold entertainment" you can choose from. Various music genres, comedy, anything but the same tune over and over and over...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    After six hours in total on the phone with SIL, I have just been informed that the quotations I have submitted have not been approved, and I must 'just wait' for an assessor to go and view the damage.
    My sense of humour is wearing positively Lyndsey Lohan.
    I guess they'll have to wait for their premiums too.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I wish you luck, There is a "rumour" going around that the insurance companies are doing everything possible to reject claims due to massive rate of claims being submited. It is just a really bad time to be putting in claims. If it was 6 months ago before all the storms hail and bad weather, chances are you would have been paid out. That could be why the assessor had his camera out taking pictures of my entire property and not just the driveway when i put in the claim.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I give up. Three weeks and countless lies later, I still have nothing to show for the damage done by 30cm of hail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast