Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unashamedly Ethical

Bronze Member
    Thanks

Unashamedly Ethical

Edmund Burke, a wise and respected Irish Political philospher said "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing".

If, like me, you're deeply concerned about the state our beloved Country and the world for that matter then please consider joining me in "doing something" by signing up for a great cause with good intention.

Visit http://www.unashamedlyethical.com

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    You have my full support. How can we criticise government if our own businesses are not clean?
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

3. Thanks given for this post:

gac (12-Nov-12)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Peope sure are strange; they have to sign something, stick a fish on the back of their car, wear a cross, sit in a church, wear a tshirt, grow a movember to show the world that they; do, or believe something or the other.

Why don't people just get the hell on with whatever it is they want to do and not flaunt the fact that they are doing it.

People seem to be incapable of doing things or believe in things unless they flaunt it in everybody's faces like a new Gucci handbag.

I don't support anything where I have to run around proving to the world that I do it. If I want to do something I just do it!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    It could be that they want to be seen to be doing it but are not doing it.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    I respect you personal views adrianh, we all retain the right to choose what we do or don't do. I also agree in part with your sticker/badge comment given I don't like wearing all the "badges" and don't. However I think Burke made a very valid comment and also beleive that as individuals there is a limit to what common purpose can be achieved.

Nobody can claim to be perfect, or in this case to be 100% Unashamedly Ethical, however my feelings are that this is a very good cause with good social intention at its core and provides some hope in attempting to confront the massive challenges we are facing at the current time. Therefore I feel its worth promoting and giving a shot.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Nobody says it better than NIKE

Just do it.

Thanks
    I agree with you Adrianh - I suspect, however, that some people need (or like) to feel that they are not alone in their stance ... and maybe this helps them support one another. If signing up helps them make a more determined stand to be ethical, I am all for it.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

9. Thanks given for this post:

gac (12-Nov-12)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Sometimes much more can be achieved by collective action than by just sitting in your cave and criticising the world and those that live in it. A negative attitude has never ever achieved anything.

I am not one for collecting badges and t-shirts. I also see no purpose in joining a fun run or signing a petition, but if it is a worthy cause that calls for a specific action (not just singing along) I have no problem in supporting such a cause.

Corruption in business and especially in government is becoming a serious problem. It is a scourge affecting every level of society and is affecting each and every one of us. People are losing their moral fibre and something aught to be done about it. I think it is a good idea that gac raised and I am perturbed that some Forum members are so negative about something so important.

If you think it is O>K> to carry on as if there is no consequence its your choice, but then do not come and cry if that consequence is at your expense.

11. Thanks given for this post:

gac (12-Nov-12)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Its not a question of being negative, I'm not negative, I just don't like joining a cause to get a T-Shirt. Like I said, if people want to do it then they must just get on with it.

The next thing people are going to wear little badges that say that they didn't have pre-marital sex or a little badge that says that they brush their teeth or a sticker that tells the entire world that they are gay (Damn, they actually do that in Cape Town already to advertise to one another)

You see, the point that I am making is that one does not have to join a campaign to do something or believe in something, you simply need to do it.

The problem is that people have F_ALL willpower, they have to join weighless to drive them to lose weight or AA to stop drinking or go to group therapy to stop smoking....what for, because they are unable to JUST DO IT.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    @adrianh, You do not have to run up to every street choir to tell them that they are stupid for singing in the choir. Nobody asked you to join. If don't agree with them it is fine. Just pass by and leave the folks to sing if they want to.

Maybe you should make yourself a badge to say "I do not wear badges".

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast