Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strike Action

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Dave and dsd,

People have always been used as pawns in the political chess game. Name me one political situation where the people werent used?

The problem i am sensing is that COSATU is used as a puppet for the masters.... they dont even know it thou. They think they are the reason but they are just the means.
    Wellinformed.co.za - Networking Forums SA partner site. Let's support each other for a better South Africa.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Snoopy this is what has me a bit nervous! Cosatu are possibly being used and they in turn are using their members. There is hopefully going to be payoff for the members, but each of those members carry a vote and then it becomes payoff for the politician...........
    Regards

Debbie
    debbie@stafftraining.co.za

From reception to management training, assertiveness, accountability or interviewing skills, we have a wide range of training workshops available for you!
    www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Thanks

Not Without its Humour

I don’t know how many viewers spotted the image on last night’s TV news of a jolly black woman, in the midst of all the chanting, toyi-toying crowd, holding up a placard which read “I don’t want Peanuts, I want Hazel Nuts“.

So heartening to see that amidst all the angst about the strike, a sense of humour can still be here, alive and well!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbiedle View Post
    it becomes payoff for the politician...........
    Now there's a thought. I've been thinking along the lines of COSATU seeking to re-assert some influence on the ANC. But of course, there is an individual who stands to benefit from this. And the worst hit region is KZN.

Rather insightful comment there, Debbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme
    So heartening to see that amidst all the angst about the strike, a sense of humour can still be here, alive and well!
    Oh yes indeed.

But then there are educators amongst that crowd. I suspect a sense of humour is vital to keeping one's sanity in that game.

Thanks
    So what exactly is a strike if everyone is back at work?
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Maybe in the Western Cape

Interesting term - strike suspended. That hasn't kicked in everywhere just yet, though. Hopefully tomorrow's meeting will see everyone back on Thursday.

I'm holding my breath somewhat - Pietermaritzburg Deeds Office being closed, or damn nearly, has rather dented the cashflow.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Maybe in the Western Cape

Interesting term - strike suspended. That hasn't kicked in everywhere just yet, though. Hopefully tomorrow's meeting will see everyone back on Thursday.
    It seems to be general confusion at the moment. HOSPERSA is back at work (AFAIK), there are contradictory statements being issued in the Western Cape, COSATU wants to raise the issue at the ANC congress but says it is not an ANC issue, but rather a labour–employer issue.

Just seems like the workers are ready to get on with things, but the unions are stalling. What is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    I'm holding my breath somewhat - Pietermaritzburg Deeds Office being closed, or damn nearly, has rather dented the cashflow.
    Eish. And when the ball gets rolling again everyone is going to want theirs done yesterday
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I hear there is a protest march by students in Durban this morning calling for the end of the strike. Apparently the students claim the march is backed by COSATU

This strike seems to have shown the leopard's spots. The political beast within COSATU and the grey line between gov and ANC in the minds of many.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.