Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using online directories

Email problem RKS Computer Solutions's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah, let's go for it, will show for theforumsa.co.za so anyone who clicks it, but this is not an open invitation to scam the crap out of me....

Any questions?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RKS Computer Solutions View Post
    but this is not an open invitation to scam the crap out of me....
    Eish! No faith

Just making sure I was understanding the tracking behind the promo right.

Thanks
    Not that I don't have any faith, it's like respect, earned.... TheForumSA has done me good so far, so I'm a happy camper, was just posting for those involved reading thinking they could make a quick buck...

Centurion (behind the Boerewors curtain), Pretoria.
    Thanks

Getting those visitors

I always enjoy getting ideas about getting people to one's website. Competitions can be a cool way of doing this. There's always two things to be aware for this to work:
    1. Having an worthwhile offering on your site, so that people actually buy from you rather than just having them pitch up to win something.
    2. Getting other people to tell as many people as possible about your competition.

RKS, I think you're getting this combo together quite nicely. I hope that your competition gets you some loyal buyers.

The only thing that bothered me a bit was that I when I went straight to the online shopping portion of your site from your link, I wasn't quite sure what exactly I could expect. Ie. were you an online store only, or could I look at what you offered, pop around the corner, discuss my requirements with you, make my purchase and take my goodies home as well. (I suspect you are online only?)

Just an idea... Put a sentence in at the top of each of your main pages, telling your potential clients more about yourselves. Eg. "The fastest/cheapest/friendliest online hardware store in South Africa." "For the fastest delivery of all your comuter hardware to anywhere in South Africa."

Cheers
    A

Thanks
    Hey Ann,

Yup, it's an online store, mainly because I'm stuck in the middle of the boendoes and popping in to see me would probably mean a 2 hour drive, but here's the thing, my biggest clients are sitting in Gauteng, and when the phone rings and things need to happen, I'm in my car and going to see them, not them coming to me...

The main page of the online shop will be changed to your comments, thanks for the tip, have had it down on the to-do list but haven't gotten to it yet due to other things, should be redone before the end of the week...

Quick plug: --> Wan't to do a post about this marketing on your blog and see how many hits you score a month? You never know, you might just get lucky...

Thanks
    Matt has been scaring allot of SEO's with his talk about fighting link buyers. I am personally not experiencing any serious issues with it and cannot see how Directories will become a problem in future. We still use directories, but are very specific with which directories we list with. I would rather pay for submission at a directory than give a reciprocal link. Directory links are normally well themed.

I am currently studying the two latest patents that Google applied for in April and so far I cannot see any issues with directories.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12