Thread: Export/Import

Email problem
    Thanks

Export/Import

Hi everyone,

I need some urgent advice on a tax related issue with exports. Our company is exporting a once off load of secondhand scaffold to Kolwezi, DRC. What does SARS need from me? Every time I try to phone their national help centre I just cant seem to get any answers. We have a clearence cerificate from the Cross Border Road Transport Agency. What and how do I declare the goods??

Any advise please peeps!!

Thanx

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    You need an exporters number.
    If the transport company collects from you directly, then you may issue a zero VAT invoice.

Best is to get a shipping company to handle the paperwork. It is worth the expense, a couple of grand.
    If you do not have an export number, the shipping company, then makes a special once of export request on your behalf.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Email problem
    Thanks
    Well its going in a 10ton truck via Zim then Zambia then Congo. How does road freight differ from sea cargo when it comes to paperwork? Do you have any connections ith companies that can help us? Its rather urgent. Please help.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Unfortunately do not know road transport companies.

I suggest a google search, then contact them via phone, and ask lots of questions.

I believe that it is a long arduous trip via truck, and drivers need to take a small safe of money to pay to get through the road blocks. Trucks are specifically targeted, as there is big expensive cargo on board. There is also lack of fuel depots along the route, and drivers have to know their trucks well to maintain them in running order.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Email problem
    Thanks
    Thanx. I got some advice from a company near Beitbridge. Yes, I believe that road blocks and "interferance" is quite common. I never really thought of the petrol issue but it obviously makes sense. What is the law regarding medical check ups, medical insurance and innoculation for things like Malaria, Ebola and the likes? We have a transport company who is moving the scaffold there but we have one of our own guys going along and we need to look after him to the best of our ability. We need to take all factors, and possible obsticles, into consideration before we leave here.

I appreciate the advice!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Best is to contact the department of health. They have all the relevant info. You staff member may have to ensure that he gets inoculated before he leaves, and there may be a time lag before he may travel, and ensure that he does not lose his certificate of inoculation, else they will inoculate him where ever, and to be quite frank, I would not trust the syringes used in the middle of now where.

As a side note, a journey like this can take 3 to 4 months there and back, so your staff member should be made aware of this.