Thread: SARS EFILING

Suspended
    Thanks

Post SARS EFILING

Hi all,

I have a problem with the SARS Easyfiling software that I have tried recently installing. We used to run it on a PC with Windows XP Pro and had no hassles at all. But after we upgraded to a new PC with Windows 7 64 bit the easyfiling software refuses to work. This is the steps as I had followed:
    1) Downloaded the software from the SARS Website and begun installing
    2) During the course of installation it says that I require the Java software for the software to work
    properly, so I click yes and it begins downloading and installing Java which is the latest version available.
    3) Then it stated that the Adobe Air software needs to be upgraded so obviously agreed and allowed it to
    upgrade adobe air.
    4) Once the Easyfilng software is done installing, the login window pops up so I select restore Db and allow it to restore the DB that I had backed from the XP pro PC. Once that is done I enter the user name and password, click on login, then it tells me that there are no updates available, I click ok select the Db, then it tells me that the Db has been changed to XXXXXXXXXXXXXX. I click ok after which it says processing then opening DB and then the easyfile splash screen greys out and the software hangs. I cannot click on anything within the easyfile screen . I can minimize the program and continue with everything else. If I leave it open it eventually tells me that the program was disconnected due to inactivity which is weird because it appears to hang. Can somebody please help. I have tried this on two other Windows 7 PC's within our offices with the same result. I have spoken to Technical support but they dont have a clue!!!!
    They claim that there is some thing wrong with the PC but how can there be the same problem with all three brand new PC's. I have gone to the extent of uninstalling the antivirus and disabling the firewall and starting from scratch but still the darn thing refuses to work. So I dont know if I am doing something wrong or if the all three PC's have a problem . Somebody please help!!!

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Hi nirodh0 - have you tried restoring a backup from a different date?
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Hi nirodh0 - have you tried restoring a backup from a different date?
    Hi Mike,

Thank you for your time. The answer is yes. I have tried several different backups. I have even tried logging in without restoring the backup. But the result is the same. My best guess is that the software is active but it cannot display the contents of the interface, that is why it is eventually timed out. As far as the software is concerned it is functioning properly but cannot check if the interface has loaded or not, see's no activity and then times out. There was another forum member by the name of Roslyn who described the exact same problem. I have sent her a message through the forum enquiring whether she has resolved her easyfile issue as yet, but she has not replied yet. Currently we are still running the easyfile software on the Xp Pro PC. Hope there is a manner of resolving this soon. I have contacted the SARS technical department again but they still cannot help. I have been on the phone with them and they walk me through the installation and setup and still it hangs everytime. I would like to think that there is something wrong with the PC's but I cannot seem to find anything. Every other piece of software on the PC's functions with no hiccups at all. I have also asked Sars tech support if I need Windows 7 Pro but they said "Home Premium" which is what we are running was sufficient, even 'Home Basic' will work

Thanks
    The only thing that I can think of at this time is to reload an old Java.

I tidied up my Java downloads once, believing the latest to be the best and hit a blank the next time I tried to load easyfile.
    When I reloaded Java 6.1 it ran without a hitch. Go figure.

Keep us posted if you manage to find a solution.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Are you running E@syfile in administrator mode?

(Right click > Run as Administrator)

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    The only thing that I can think of at this time is to reload an old Java.

I tidied up my Java downloads once, believing the latest to be the best and hit a blank the next time I tried to load easyfile.
    When I reloaded Java 6.1 it ran without a hitch. Go figure.

Keep us posted if you manage to find a solution.
    Hi Mike,

Thanks, will give it a try on Monday when im back at work and keep you posted.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Are you running E@syfile in administrator mode?

(Right click > Run as Administrator)
    Hi Dave,

I have tried administrator mode as well, still no joy . But thanks anyway. Will keep you posted.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    When you're trying to solve it on Monday, this thread might prove useful too. It summarises what we know in the way of bugs and fixes so far.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    When you're trying to solve it on Monday, this thread might prove useful too. It summarises what we know in the way of bugs and fixes so far.
    Hi Dave, Mike

Thanks for your assistance. I tried reinstalling a few times with the same result, but today i decided to start the easyfile in safe mode with networking and it worked. But thats just it, it still refuses to work in normal mode. I hope this gives some idea as to what the problem might be. I know that safe mode loads with default drivers and minimal services but what do I look for in normal mode to find the guilty driver, service or possibly a program thats preventing easyfile from loading properly.
    I await your response eagerly