Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finding Vicus

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Finding Vicus

Recently a video of a young South African boy playing guitar and singing “These Arms” by All 4 One went viral on YouTube. Not too much time later Sony International sends down a team to South Africa to find the kid and make all his dreams come true.
    http://www.nextlevelofnews.com/2011/...sensation.html Sony then contact Gareth Cliff who located the young lad now 17, but if you watched the story on Carte Blanc Gareth then blocked the young artist from signing with sony and going for interviews on Ellen show, which no doubt would of earned the kid money. and instead took the kid under his wing. What are you opinions on such things? Was it right to keep this kid locked in a country falling apart at the edges when big names were looking for the kid?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    "Took the kid under his wing" translates to: Setting up a 90% royalty for himself.

Its always about the money, nothing else.....

Thanks
    I'm happy for this kid, either way, he now has a bright future!
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Fantastic for the youngster!! Only problem I see here is Gareth greed head Cliff is busy exploiting the this youngster out of most his future.

Sony would have had this guy on top already. Now cliffhanger is taking his cut first and will use the any possible fame from the youngster to his own advantage.

Gareth Cliff has always been a snake.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dfsa View Post
    Fantastic for the youngster!! Only problem I see here is Gareth greed head Cliff is busy exploiting the this youngster out of most his future.

Sony would have had this guy on top already. Now cliffhanger is taking his cut first and will use the any possible fame from the youngster to his own advantage.

Gareth Cliff has always been a snake.
    What I'm about to share with you in in the public domain! About 3 years ago, a lovely Afrikaans girl(I can't remember her name), but she auditioned for idols a few times, didn't make it to second round and then went for vocal lessons. She still didn't make it, and then her MUM, remarked on live tv, 'Gareth se moer mon!"
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    "Took the kid under his wing" translates to: Setting up a 90% royalty for himself.

Its always about the money, nothing else.....
    Adrian has actually put it nice and short above.

Gareth ( AKA: Snake ) Cliff is only a DJ and a damn poor one at that. He has used and abused the circles that come with being a DJ to give him some sort of social standing. The guy can not sing, nor do he have any real talent of any sort, but because he is in your face from being in other peoples lime light, he think he is some sort of celebrity. When he is DJ'ing he promotes his own crap music and he purely get some results because the Station has a big listener base.

Idols Judge, damn, most people in this forum will be a better judge than him.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dfsa View Post
    Adrian has actually put it nice and short above.

Gareth ( AKA: Snake ) Cliff is only a DJ and a damn poor one at that. He has used and abused the circles that come with being a DJ to give him some sort of social standing. The guy can not sing, nor do he have any real talent of any sort, but because he is in your face from being in other peoples lime light, he think he is some sort of celebrity. When he is DJ'ing he promotes his own crap music and he purely get some results because the Station has a big listener base.

Idols Judge, damn, most people in this forum will be a better judge than him.
    You must admit though, the first stages of idols where those idols wannabees make a total and utter fool of themselves on live tv is very entertaining! I blame the parents there. Those kids first auditioned in front of their own parents. Instead of telling them that they suck, they were told that they could be the next idol!
    Click here
    sabbaticus

Thanks
    I think 80% just go and do it for fun and also trying to be on TV.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    While I can understand Gareth behaving like a musical politician, what I could not understand was the Carte blanche reporters, not seeing this side of the story. Clearly they show that as reporters they are biased.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    ...quietly wonders who would have been more exploitive of the youngster's talent - Gareth Cliff or Sony?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast