Thread: Pastel Partner 11 Multiple Account Setup

Thanks

Pastel Partner 11 Multiple Account Setup

Hi

Query 1
    I have 4 Main Customer accounts, each holding separate accounts on pastel version 11. Each account hold various stores with different delivery addresses. Now I need to consolidate these accounts into one main account.
    My problem
    1. Each account has 100 or more different delivery addresses, how can I consolidate without having to add each delivery address manually to save time?

Query 2
    2. The customer account is set up as an open item so I can match payment to invoices, setting it as balance brought forward doesn’t allow this. I have several invoices for a month for the account. When they make payment its less rebate & advertising and settlement discount. After matching the payment amount and discount amount to the invoices im left with at least 5 unmatched invoices which off course add up to the rebate & advertising amount.
    My problem
    The rebate & advertising I make a credit note but this can only be matched to 1 invoice leaving the other 4 invoices unmatched. On my age analysis the unmatched amounts are still being reflected as outstanding as 30days/60days/90days. How do I get a clean accurate age analysis. I did have the account on bal brought forward and then to age analysis was showing the same.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by farhad View Post
    Query 1
    I have 4 Main Customer accounts, each holding separate accounts on pastel version 11. Each account hold various stores with different delivery addresses. Now I need to consolidate these accounts into one main account.
    My problem
    1. Each account has 100 or more different delivery addresses, how can I consolidate without having to add each delivery address manually to save time?
    This is quite a challenge! I could possibly use my DDF software to edit the additional delivery address data records to link to the new consolidated customer account, but I am concerned that the audit trail integrity of historical transactions will be compromised. If you are happy to send me a backup of your database, I can do a few trials and then advise you one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by farhad View Post
    Query 2
    2. The customer account is set up as an open item so I can match payment to invoices, setting it as balance brought forward doesn’t allow this. I have several invoices for a month for the account. When they make payment its less rebate & advertising and settlement discount. After matching the payment amount and discount amount to the invoices im left with at least 5 unmatched invoices which off course add up to the rebate & advertising amount.
    My problem
    The rebate & advertising I make a credit note but this can only be matched to 1 invoice leaving the other 4 invoices unmatched. On my age analysis the unmatched amounts are still being reflected as outstanding as 30days/60days/90days. How do I get a clean accurate age analysis. I did have the account on bal brought forward and then to age analysis was showing the same.
    The best way to tidy up this kind of problem is to go to Process...Match Open Item and assign the credits to the appropriate invoices there.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)